Hunting Contest

"Here." Lan'er said as she handed Chen Xi a basket full of carrots.

Chen Xi smiled and gave a carrot to Xiao Bai.

"Let's go." Chen Xi said as she grabbed Xiao Bai's leash.

Soon they arrived at the hunting contest, generals of the Long Empire lined up in a line waiting for the contest to start.

"Consort Xi." a eunuch said.

"Nice to see you again eunuch." Chen Xi said.

"Line up your horse over there next to the generals, the race will start soon." the eunuch said with a smile.

"Okay." Chen Xi replied as she got on Xiao Bai.

"Princess." Lan'er said.

"I'll be fine, I'll come back in full piece." Chen Xi said as she handed the basket of carrots to Xiao Bai.

Xiao Bai held the basket with his teeth and they went to stand next to the generals.

"Consort Xi." the generals said as they bowed on their horses.

Chen Xi bowed her head and soon later the race started. The generals next to Chen Xi all ran ahead of her but she stood still, soon the viewers were all whispering gossip. XIao Bai shocked her head and Chen Xi came back to her senses.

"Let's go." Chen Xi said as she held the leash.

Soon they arrived in the middle of a forest, there was only a rabbit around so Chen Xi took a carrot from the basket and walked towards the rabbit. All of a sudden a general came and Chen Xi saw him pulling his arrow to kill the rabbit. Chen Xi took her bow and arrow and shot it in the direction of the rabbit, her arrow collided with the general's arrow so both of their arrows fell to the ground.

"Consort Xi." the general exclaimed.

"Didn't see you there, you can have the rabbit." the general said as he turned his horse the opposite direction.

Chen Xi ran towards the rabbit and gave it the carrot she was holding.

"Poor you, let's get you out of here or else your life is at risk." Chen Xi said as she touched the rabbit.

A few minutes later, there was a loud horn sound signaling that the contest had ended. Chen Xi got up with the rabbit in her hands and walked towards Xiao Bai. Arrows came from all directions and started to shoot at her. After a few stunts, Chen Xi managed to dogged the arrows with a few cuts on her arms. She took a glance at Xiao Bai and saw an arrow flying towards him.

"Xiao Bai!" she yelled as she ran towards him.

Chen Xi watched as the arrow had pierced Xiao Bai and he had fallen to the floor.

"It's all my fault." Chen Xi said as she touched the arrow.

"I foreseen this and I still got you harmed. I never should have agreed." Chen Xi said.

Chen Xi sat next to Xiao Bai sobbing until a familiar voice yelled: "Princess!"

Chen Xi turned around and saw Lan'er.

"Lan'er.." Chen Xi said with tears in her eyes.

"Xiao Bai.... he..."

"I killed him." Chen Xi said pointing to the arrow.

"No, you didn't, you would never kill him."

"No, I did. I am to be blamed...." Chen Xi said as her eye lids slowly closed.