Foresee

Chen Xi was panicking as she ran down the hallway. A guard walked out of a room and Chen Xi ran toward the guard. She grabbed the guard's arm and asked: "Where's my father, where is he?"

The guard replied "I don't know Empress."

Chen Xi released the guard and continued to run down the hallway until she heard a scream behind her. Chen Xi ran toward the scream and saw a man wearing black and gold. The man in black and gold had stabbed her father, she ran towards her father shouting: "FATHER!". Her father fell into her arms and said: "My worst mistake was sending you to this horrible place."

Chen Xi shook her head with tears in her eyes as her father's eyes closed.

Chen Xi got up to face the man and said: "Why, was I just a chess piece?"

"Princess, Princess?" a voice said as Chen Xi opened her eyes.

"Lan'er." Chen Xi said as she hugged Lan'er.

"What's wrong?"

"These days I keep having the dream."

"Just a dream."

"I have the powers to foresee, it's real. Father is going to die, I have to stop him!" Chen Xi said as she got out of bed.

"Princess." Lan'er said as she held Chen Xi.

"You've been sleeping for 3 days and 3 nights. How about I get something for you to eat?" Lan'er continued.

Chen Xi nodded her head in agreement and Lan'er went to get some desserts. Chen Xi got up and went to her dressing table, looking at herself in the mirror.

"Empress, huh?" Chen Xi said as she smirked.

"That guy must be stupid enough to promote me in that high of a rank." Chen Xi continued as she touched the mirror.

"Princess!" Lan'er shouted as she walked through the door.

"Snacks from Xi?" Chen Xi said happily.

"You know after the Emperor heard you fainted, he made sure the cooks know how to make dishes from the Xi Empire."

"The Emperor?" Chen Xi asks as she holds a pancake.

Lan'er nodded her head.

'Empress." Chen Xi said in a low voice.

"Huh?"

"Nothing." Chen Xi said as she took a bite of her pancake.

"Princess, I heard that the 2nd prince is coming tomorrow."

"Brother?"

Lan'er nodded her head.

"I can't let him see me like this, he's going to kill me." Chen Xi said, panicking.

"Princess... the 2nd prince already knows."

"Who told him?" Chen Xi said as she made an annoying face.

"I did...."

"You-" Chen Xi said as she chased Lan'er around her room.