EPILOGUE

FOUR YEARS LATER....

After the war ended, the Long Empire had expanded and took over the Xi Empire. Under the Emperor's rule, they renamed the Xi Empire as the Xi State of the Long Empire. Though the name still stays the same, the things in it do not, the once grassy lands filled with laughter of people were now replaced with the vast desert as no one occupies the land.

"And she stabs herself as she feels indebted to her homeland and her family. No one lives in the Xi State anymore because people have heard her cries while they were living there. Our Emperor loved his Empress so much that he vowed to follow the one man,one woman rule. That is why he currently has no children. People from the palace tell us that he will choose his nephew as the next Emperor but who knows." a storyteller said as he ended the story.

Everyone applauded the storyteller for his story, everyone except this young man. The young boy raised his hand and shouted: "That's not true, you're making things up!"

"Young man, aren't you too young to know about politics?" the storyteller replied as he laughed and then the audience too.

"Do you know who my Mother even is?" the young boy yelled.

"Ming Xuan!" a female voice yelled behind the young boy.

"Mother..." the boy said as his voice got lower.

"How many times do I have to tell you not to run around? This is the capital not your house, there's a lot of strangers here so you have to follow me." the female said.

Unlike the young boy who was showing off his face, the female had a scarf over her head to cover up her face. The female mother dragged her son away and they walked below the bridge to light up a lantern.

"Today is the Lantern Festival, light a lantern and make a wish." the female said as she handed her son a lantern.

The boy placed the lantern on the water, then folded his hands and said: "I wish to meet my Father."

The female smiled bitterly, she then closed her eyes and held her hands together to make a wish.

Meanwhile, Long Li, the Emperor, was walking on the bridge to remind himself of the memories he had with Chen Xi. He saw the female mother and her son making a wish and he smiled to himself. All of a sudden there was a huge gust of wind that caused the mother's scarf to fly away, this caused her to reveal her face. She had the same face as Chen Xi, not only the same face but her body proportions, everything was the same about her. The Emperor stood there shaking and kept staring at her face.

"Mother!" the young boy yelled and pointed in the direction of the Emperor.

"Yes?" she asked.

"Look! That guy looks exactly like the guy from your painting!" the young boy yelled.

The young mother freezed upon hearing her son's words. She slowly turned around and made contact with the Emperor, Long Li.

                                                                                   - THE END -

Message from the author:

Hello Readers ~

This is Irene00, the author of THE SOOTHSAYER! THE SOOTHSAYER has finally ended and it feels like a journey for the past 2 years. Sorry if I rushed the ending as I skipped over 2 months worth of time, I felt like it would be a little boring to keep reading the same mushy gushy stuff over and over again so I decided to skip and get straight to the ending because that's where the exciting things happen. I also apologize if you anticipated a firm ending but I like endings where the readers choose what they like to believe. Do you think she died or she lived? I mean it's up to you to make the ending! I will love to read your endings so make sure to comment below! Thank you for reading THE SOOTHSAYER! See you in my next novel!

~ Irene00