Reunion

"He's the Emperor?" Chen Xi whispered to Lan'er.

Lan'er nodded her head and the stableman greeted the Emperor.

"I heard Consort Xi wants to meet me, was yesterday night not good enough?" the Emperor said with a smirk on his face.

'You.." Chen Xi said as she pointed out her finger.

"You may go." the Emperor said to the stableman.

The stableman rushed away while tugging the white horse.

"Leave her alone!" Chen Xi shouted.

The stableman stared at the Emperor and the Emperor nodded his head.

"Is this horse to your liking? If it is I could give this horse to you but it has quite a temper." The Emperor said.

"If every horse had a temper, does it mean that we can toss them to the side and forget about them? Each horse had their unique features, you are blinded by it's negative features. Give it's child back and you can see what she's really worth." Chen Xi said.

"It may be difficult. I gave her child away." the Emperor said.

"You.. are really ruthless." Chen Xi said as she walked into the stable deeper.

"How can I rule the land without being ruthless?" the Emperor said.

When Chen Xi heard the words she stopped and said " So everyone, everything in this kingdom is just a chess piece for your greater good?"

'Like you said." the Emperor said.

"Find Xiao Bai." Chen Xi said to Lan'er and she held the lead line of the white horse.

Lan'er nodded her head and walked away to find Xiao Bai.

"You seem to like her a lot." the Emperor smiled.

"Unlike you, I appreciate everything. What's her name?" Chen Xi said.

"Cloud."

"Cloud, nice name. Let's go back to your stable." Chen Xi said as she patted Cloud.

When they started to leave for Cloud's stable, the Emperor whispered something into his companion.

"Make sure you get it done General." the Emperor said and the General nodded his head.

As they arrived at Cloud's stable, a white foal could be seen eating hay. Cloud tugged on the leash so Chen Xi let it go. Cloud made joyful noises and Chen Xi smiled. In the distance the General walked toward the Emperor and whispered something in the Emperor's ears, the Emperor nodded his head and began to leave until Chen Xi turned her head and shouted: "Thank you!"

The Emperor turned around and smiled.

"Princess!" Lan'er shouted!

"What's wrong?" Chen Xi asked.

"Bai... Xiao Bai... he he's gone!" Lan'er shouted!

"What?" Chen Xi said as she grabbed Lan'er's hand.

"What happened?"