Consort Hua

"Princess!" Lan'er shouted as she ran to Chen Xi.

"Why are you so hyped this early morning?" Chen Xi asked.

"Hyped? More like angry! Did you not hear what happened?"

"There's so many things happening in one day, do you think I have time to hear all the news?"

"No no, but this you will definitely hear. The Emperor had promoted Concubine Hua to Consort Hua." Lan'er said.

"Consort Hua?" Chen Xi asked.

Lan'er nodded her head and said: "That means her status will be the same as yours. I'm afraid that when the second princess comes..."

"We can't stop now, I'll have to rearrange my plan." Chen Xi said as she walked into the Peony Palace.

"What do you plan to do?" Lan'er asked.

"I'll make Xuan'er my personal maid but that means you'll...."

"Princess, don't worry. If I can protect the royal family, Lan'er will do anything." Lan'er said.

"No, I can't let you leave my side. The emperor will be suspicious of Xuan'er, the only way I can do both is..." Chen Xi said as she stared into Lan'er's eyes.

"No. I can't allow you to do that to yourself." Lan'er said.

"There's no other way."

"But Princess, you are hurting yourself and I won't allow it." Lan'er said with tears in her eyes.

"I won't get hurt okay."

"Lies, you said that last time and you got hurt. I won't believe your lies anymore." Lan'er said as she started sobbing.

"If you won't do it. I'll do it."

"Please Princess, you carry the powers. There has to be another way."

"The powers told me to be the next Empress and I'm going to achieve that."

"You can change it like you did before."

"Being the Empress gives me the most power. Stop crying, listen I'll return unscathed."

"Princess always thinks for others, have some ego yourself."

"Let me do this and I'll listen to you next time."

"Okay, promise me though, don't cut yourself too deep."

"Okay." Chen Xi said slowly.

Chen Xi handed Lan'er and piece of paper and said: "Concubine, no I mean Conost Hua."

"You better keep your word." Lan'er said as she left the room.

Soon later Consort Hua arrived and Chen Xi greeted her.

"I was wondering why you would invite me here even though we're on bad terms." Consort Hua said.

"Does that mean you reject me, congratulations?" Chen Xi asked.

"Congratulations? Is it sincere or is it fake?"

"What do you think?"

"You're just a lowly person who decided to climb the ranks in the Long Empire." Consort Hua said.

Chen Xi's eyes changed, she became angry.

"This is better than I thought." Chen Xi thought to herself as she grabbed a sword and threw it at Consort Hua.

The sword flew at Consort Hua and she stumbled backwards until she fell. Since Consort Hua fell, the sword hit the tree behind her.

"You....you tried to kill me. Maids grab her!" Consort Hua yelled as she pointed to Chen Xi.

Consort Hua's maids ran at Chen Xi and grabbed her by her arms. Without fighting back, Chen Xi allowed the maids to pin her down. Consort Hua took the sword out of the tree and then used it to stab Chen Xi in the stomach. Blood gushed out of Chen Xi's mouth and she smiled.

"Princess!" Lan'er yelled as Consort Hua turned to her in shock.

"No no no, I didn't do it!" Consort Hua yelled.

"I saw you stabbing her with my own two eyes. Or did my eyes lie?" Lan'er asked.

"No, I didn't do it!" Consort Hua yelled as she ran outside of the Peony Palace.

"Princess, why did you have to do this for me? Wait here, I'll go get a doctor."

Lan'er placed Chen Xi on the bed and ran to the doctor's office.