Murderer?

Tap Tap Tap

There was a tapping sound outside of Chen Xi's window causing her to wake up. She walked to the window, opened it and Momo came flying in with a letter tied on her legs. Chen Xi took the letter off her legs and read it. After she finished reading the letter, she stared at the letter for a while before patting Momo and walking to the kitchen.

"Here." Chen Xi said as she fetched Momo a piece of fish.

Momo bit the fish and flew away.

"What did brother tell you now!" Chen Xi screamed as she ran outside watching Momo flying away.

"Princess?" Lan'er asked as she rubbed her eyes.

"Good morning, I didn't wake you up, did I?" Chen Xi asked.

"No no." Lan'er said.

"What are you doing outside the kitchen?" Lan'er asked.

"Momo came back with a letter. I gave her fish and she flew away." Chen Xi said.

"Maybe the First Prince called her." Lan'er said.

Chen Xi nodded her head and said: "I'm going outside today. Don't come with me, I need you to do something for me."

Chen Xi whispered something in Lan'er ears and she nodded her head.

"Do your job, I'm counting on you." Chen Xi said.

In the middle of the afternoon, Lan'er walked in Chen Xi's room with a pair of black clothing.

Chen Xi changed into the clothing, tied her hair up, and put on a veil.

"Why do you want black clothing, it is so easy to spot you in the day." Lan'er said.

"That's not the point. Stay safe." Chen Xi said as she hugged Lan'er.

"You too." Lan'er said as she hugged Chen Xi.

After leaving the Peony Palace, Chen Xi climbed the walls to get over the palace gates. She then walked far away from the city before she was stopped by one of the palace's guards.

"Who are you? Why are you wearing a veil in broad daylight."the guard asked.

"I have a scar on my face." Chen Xi replied.

"A scar?" the guard asks suspiciously.

"Murderer!" a voice behind her.

Chen Xi turned around and saw a man pointing his finger at her.

"I saw her murder the guy down the block and tried to run." the guy said to the guard.

Chen Xi looked at the guy and asked: "Are you sure the murder is me not you?"

The guard grabbed Chen Xi by the arms and she kicked the guard back.

"Look at her! She's fighting back because she knows she killed him." the guy shouted as more people started to gather around.

Meanwhile the guard had slashed Chen Xi in her right arm and blood began to drip.

Chen Xi took the knife under a knife under her dress and threw it at the guy who accused her. The knife missed by an inch and the guy stood there in shock. Chen Xi ran at the guy before she was stopped by the palace guards.

"Stop!" a familiar voice said.

Chen Xi turned around and made eye contact with General Wang.

"What is happening here?" General Wang asked.

"This lady had killed a person." the guard replied.

"She killed?" General Wang asked.

The guard nodded his head and the guy cut in and said: "I saw her kill a vendor."

"Did you?" General Wang asked.

Just then a mysterious person fired an arrow. Chen Xi saw that the arrow was going to hit General Wang so she grabbed the arrow before it could hit General Wang.

"Are you okay?" General Wang asked as Chen Xi stared the arrow.

"I'm fine." Chen Xi replied as she dropped the arrow and scanned the roof tops.

"You sound so familiar. May I ask if I have seen you before?" General Wang asked.

Without paying attention, Chen Xi started to run outside the gates.

"General, should I chase?" the guard asked.

"No, take this guy back to prison." General Wang said as he watched Chen Xi run away.

"Yes." the guard said as he escorted the guy away.