Goodbye

"Okay, okay." Jing Xi said as he rubbed Chen Xi's hair.

Chen Xi took his hand off her hand and said: "I'm not a child anymore, second brother."

Jing Xi smiled and said: "You'll always be a child."

"Here." Chen Xi said as she handed a basket of cakes to her brother.

"We have cakes in the Xi Empire, you don't have to do this." Jing Xi said as he accepted the basket of cakes.

"These are different, these are cakes that only can be found here, mo-" Chen Xi said before she got cut off.

"Second Prince, princess made these herself as she got back from the festival yesterday." Lan'er said as she cutted in.

Jing Xi smiled and said: "I'll enjoy these on the way."

"Save some for mother. Also how was she doing, last time I saw her...." Chen Xi said as her voice drifted off.

"She's doing better than before, besides Xuan'er has been accompanying her when you were gone."

Chen Xi nodded and said: "Yeah, Chun Xi didn't get yelled at, right?"

"With mother accompanying her, father cannot do anything. Besides, the whole empire knows, Father likes Mother the most, he won't harm her."

"Yeah....."

"Don't feel sad, you can always divorce and find the man who is suited for you."

"HEY, WHERE'S MY SISTER IN LAW!" Chen Xi shouted back at Jing Xi.

"She's...hmmm... She's not born yet." Jing Xi said after a long thought.

"You let her go right?" Chen Xi said.

Jing Xi nodded his head and said: "It's fine, there are thousands of women in the Xi Empire. I can find my Miss right."

"Second Prince, it's time to go." a guard said.

Jing Xi nodded his head and the guard left.

"Take care." Jing Xi said in a soft voice.

All of a sudden Jing Xi shouted and said:"AND DON'T GET SICK LIKE LAST TIME OR ELSE I'M GOING TO TELL FATHER!"

Chen Xi smacked him in the arm and they laughed. Soon the carriage left the gates, Chen Xi stood outside of the gates and said: "How nice would it be if our family will be reunited and happy like this."

"It will happen someday." Lan'er said.

"Yeah...someday.." Chen Xi said.

"Empress." a voice behind her said.

Chen Xi turned around but there was no one, all she saw was a dead tree. The tree had withered away but the maids never chopped it down.

"Why haven't the maids gotten rid of that tree?" Chen Xi asked the guards on the gates.

"The tree has only bloomed once, it's view was so pretty that the former Emperor gave it to his Empress as a gift. But when the Empress passed away, the tree withered and never bloomed again. The Emperor wants to live and see the tree bloom again so he asked the maids to not cut it down." the guard said.

"I see." Chen Xi said.

A gush of wind blew in Chen Xi's face causing her to close her eyes. When she opened her eyes again, the tree bloomed pink and white flowers. Chen Xi walked towards the tree, touched it and smiled.

"What's it called?" a voice besides her said.

Chen Xi turned her head and saw a man and a woman, a couple to be exact. The women had her head laid on the man's shoulder and their hands linked.

"Plum Blossom." the male replied to the women.

"It's so pretty, ----" the woman said before she got cut off by Lan'er.

"Princess?" Lan'er said as she touched Chen Xi's shoulder.

"Huh?" Chen Xi said as she turned around and faced Lan'er

'What are you doing?"

"Huh?" Chen Xi asked.

Chen Xi turned around and saw that the tree had never bloomed flowers at all.

"I saw the tree bloom." Chen Xi said.

"Princess..." Lan'er said slowly.

Chen Xi nodded her head and said: "It's coming right?"