Doctor

Lan'er carried Chen Xi back to the Peony Palace and laid her down on her bed. Lan'er rummaged through the chests and the drawers trying to find medicine that would treat Chen Xi, but there was none. Lan'er then ran to the doctor's office trying to get medicine for Chen Xi.

"Please give me some." Lan'er said as she was begging on her knees.

"Go away, the doctor is not here. We only follow the doctor's orders." the apprentice said as he closed the doors behind him.

Lan'er got up and said: "When the second prince comes, wait till you see how I'll deal with you."

Lan'er went back to the Peony Palace and tried to stop the bleeding from the whip marks.

When Lan'er put a wet towel on Chen Xi's whip marks, she screamed and opened her eyes.

"Princess, princess!" Lan'er shouted.

Chen Xi smiled and said: "I'm fine. But I had the same memory again."

"Memory, the one with the Emperor being stabbed?"

Chen Xi nodded her head slowly and said: "This time I saw the guy who stabbed father. He is a person from the Long Empire. He was wearing black."

"Princess, there are many men that wear black."

"Will father really die?" Chen Xi asked as she got up.

"The Emperor is wise, he would be blessed with good fortune." Lan'er said.

"You're still bleeding, don't move around." Lan'er continued.

"They will turn into scars, they will not bring a doctor here." Chen Xi.

"Then Princess, your back will be full of scars."

"It's my back. No one will pay attention to it. It's fine." Chen Xi said to Lan'er as she smiled.

At the Lotus Palace, the doctor comes and checks Empress Dowager's pulse.

"Your Majesty, Empress Dowager is just tired. Her body is weak, she shouldn't build up too much anger or it will hurt her." the doctor said.

"You hear the doctor." the Emperor said as he held Empress Dowager hands.

"You shouldn't build up anger, get some rest. I will visit you another day." the Emperor said.

Empress Dowager nodded her head and the Emperor left the room.

When they got outside of the Lotus Palace, the Emperor called the doctor and said: "Go check on Consort Xi in the Peony Palace."

"Yes." the doctor said as he left the Lotus Palace.

There was a knock on Chen Xi's door and Lan'er went to open the door.

"You are?" Lan'er asked.

"I am the Royal Doctor of the Long Empire." the doctor said.

"Come in come in." Lan'er said as she stepped aside.

"Consort Xi. I am here to check on your wounds."

"They're just whip marks, just give some medicine so it doesn't scar." Chen Xi said.

"But..." the doctor said.

"Just do as I said. If anyone asks, I will explain to them." Chen Xi said.

The doctor nodded his head and wrote down medicine to treat the marks. After the doctor finished writing the prescription, he handed it to Lan'er.

"Thank you." Lan'er said to the doctor as he left the Peony Palace.

"Princess, why don't you let him check your wounds?"

"What is there to check, it's just whip marks."

"We should still see if there are any side effects."

"No need. With these thick clothes, no one can see my back anyways."

"You go get the medicine, I will go do something." Chen Xi continued.

'Where are you going? You have not recovered, do not move." Lan'er said.

"Okay, I won't go." Chen Xi said.

"I will be right back, don't go anywhere. Just stay on the bed."

"Okay."

After Lan'er got the medicine and applied it on Chen Xi's back. Chen Xi laid on her bed and closed her eyes falling into deep sleep.