Chapter 68 - Breathtaking

I remember when I was 8 I used to say that I wanted to be married by the time I was 20. Then when I turned 14, I said wanted to be married when I'm 23.

But as soon as I hit my twenties I realised that I was, and am still young, with a long life ahead of me. There are many places to visit, many things to do and just so many moment to experience. I told myself that I would want to get married at any age above 28.

But I also wanted to be sure who the love of my life is by the age of 26.

Now here I am, less than two months away from being 26. And I have no one. There's Ian, who's across the country right now for our breaks.

I was disappointed. In myself, in Us especially. I thought we'd be back together by the end of October, now it is the 25th of November and there's nothing about us.

No midnight calls, no kisses, the cold weather came and I still had no one to keep me warm, my everything became my coworker, nothing more nothing less. It's like all the 'I can't live without yous' and 'I love yous' are all gone to waste.

"You're mine Nina, forever and always." He'd say every night before we went to sleep.

"I can't imagine my life without you." I'd tell him every day, first thing in the morning.

And now, now nothing. All of that is just some distant memory.

None of us made a move. I feel like there's this incurable hole in my heart. Every single time we fought I said, this is the longest time we fought. But this time, it's different it's like I can feel it ending. And there's no one to blame but the both of us.

In my head I had thought that doing what I did to him, would make him try harder, make him fight for me, then we could live in happiness. Together always.

But it only made things worst.

Not only did I lose my bestfriend of years and my everything, but also I lost another dear friend that I hadn't been friends for that long but his friendship meant a lot to me.

"Come on, Neens. Everyone's waiting downstairs." My father knocked on my door, taking me away from my thoughts.

"Hey dad." I smiled getting up and kissed his cheek.

I straightened out my grey dress and fixed my hair quickly on our way downstairs.

"You know babygirl, I'm so happy to have you back here for today and this week." He said, as tears formed in his eyes.

"Aw dad! Don't cry, I'm here, now. You should be happy."

"I know. I'm just really proud of everything you've been doing lately I'm so proud of you, my baby girl."

I hugged him and then went downstairs. We don't celebrate thanksgiving, though we always have a family dinner in the break they give me for thanksgiving.

Both my parents and my older brother Aleksander are currently staying at my house. It is great having them with me, I really did miss them.

I met up with the rest of my family downstairs, whom were dressed nicely. My brother in a suit and my mom in a nice dress.

"Hey baby." My mom said getting up, "let's go."

The bell rang and my mom jumped up excitedly to open the door.

"I had no idea we had company." I commented smiling.

"Me neither." My brother raised an eyebrow at my dad, looking rather shocked, my dad just shrugged smiling.

I wasn't very shocked to see Edna and Robert Somerhalder, Ian's parents on my doorstep as my mom welcomed them in. I was actually happy to see them.