Chapter 21 - Mine

Nina's POV

Today, so far, has been far too perfect. Almost too perfect to be real. But I still had many questions to ask and answer I need. I knew that as soon as I would ask them, something bad would happen. I decided to shut my mouth for a while until later tonight.

Ian was acting different today. And it a good, no, great different. He's been happy, he's been smiling and has been joking the whole time. I liked that. He deserves it, honestly. Just seeing him happy, made me feel good, as cheesy as it sounds but it's true.

Of course, at the mention of Caleb, or as what Ian would say, Caleb-ass, he would frown. After our brunch together, we went to a bunch of cute boutiques and a few stores too on the street. Everything was perfect until we got a call from the rest telling us that they're leaving and that we can either go back to the hotel and join them, or we spend our time alone, just me and him.

We debated on wether to join them or let it be just the two of us, but ended up doing the first thing. Besides, we were going to be alone for weeks! I was worried about Ian though.

I didn't want him to fight with Caleb. Knowing Ian, he would do such things. So I made a note to myself to not be with Caleb alone for too long. I still couldn't get why Ian hated Caleb so bad. I mean yes we kissed, but we were both drunk as fuck. And plus, Ian knows about Lucy so he should know that Caleb does not want to be with me.

"How are you guys?" I asked Michael, Paul and Candice when I got to the car. "Better." Paul sighed. "I want to punch a hooker." Candice said, putting her head in her hands. I laughed and she flipped me off which made me laugh even harder.

"You're fault you drank too much." Zach smirked after high-fiving Ian and I. We ended being seated in the back, Ian and I with Katrina and Joseph. Everything was okay until Caleb turned to look at me and asked, "Have you been avoiding me?"

Shit, was the first thing that came to my mind. Damn, I've been caught... "What are you talking about?" I asked, awkwardly, I may add. "Mhm, acting dumb I see, oh come on. What's wrong?" He replied. And once again it felt awkward. "I-" Joseph cut me off, thankfully. "Godammit, you two are annoying. Come here, Caleb. You're place is quieter." And with that he changed his seats with Caleb. Leaving Caleb next to me.

I heard Ian mumble, "fag" under his breath and clenched his hands into fists. I held his hand and squeezed it, trying to calm him down and surprisinlgy it worked. "If you're avoiding me because of Lucy, then don't. Because I know what happened, her mom, Elizabeth told me everything." Caleb whispered in my ear, making sure nobody was listening.

"Sorry.." I apologised awkwardly to him. If only he knew the real reason I was avoiding him. And after that, Caleb and I fell into a conversation about Lucy. Throughout the whole convo, Ian squeezed my hand every few seconds, it was starting to get irritating but I didn't say anything.

I hated how he didn't even ask me to be his girlfriend, but yet he still acted as if he was my boyfriend, a very over protective boyfriend. I kept my mouth shut, today was good so far I don't want to say or do something that'll ruin it.

"Just a week and half left and you still didn't let me take you to that place I told you about." Caleb frowned. "Actually, there's only 5 days left. I'm leaving here before the others." I smiled sheepishly. "Oh you're really good at making me feel better." Caleb winked. I laughed and once again, I felt Ian squeeze my hand in his. What was wrong with him? I ignored him, even though I felt bad but I still did.

"Hey! I've got to see Lucy again before I leave!" I told Caleb. "Tomorrow is my day with her. If you want, I'll book you a ticket with me instead of going to Melb through a car?" He suggested. I liked the idea, but, I wanted to be with my friends. Then again, I want to see Lucy. "Wait. Weren't you going to join us on the roadtrip back to Melbourne?" I asked him. "Change of plans. You don't have to tell me your answer now, But I need it by tonight. So I can book the tickets."