Chapter 72 - Moments

Ian's POV

The past four days, ever since she woke up have been hectic for her. For the both of us, but mostly her.

I have never seen her this broken, in my entire five years of being with her. She was scared.. Thankfully, just a few hours ago they told her after physical therapy sessions, she will be able to walk.

Of course, it will take months for her leg to fully heal, which made her cry at least three times just today.

I sighed and thanked the lady in front of me, who handed me two cups of coffee. I walked to Nina's room, knowing she had just finished her Physio therapy.

She greeted me with a smile but I still noticed the tears that fell on her cheeks.

"Hey," I mumbled. Placing a kiss on her cheek, tasting the saltiness of her tear, then handed her her coffee.

"Neen." I said, wiping her tear with my thumb. She looked at me as her smile faded and said nothing.

I pulled a chair next too her bed and sat down eyeing her. She still managed to look good in a hospital gown. Her pretty brown eyes seemed different to me though...

"Ian." She said, breaking me from my thoughts.

"Hm?" Is said before clearing my throat, "Yes baby?"

"Do you still love me?" She asked.

"Nina, baby, what's with all these questions?"

"Do you?" She asked stubbornly, ignoring what I just said.

"I told you yesterday, and the day before."

"I know- I just want to hear you say it."

"I love you, Nina. Baby what's wrong?"

"You're not tired of me? Of this?" She asked, gesturing herself and the hospital.

"No- yes, you know what, there's no point in lying. Yes I'm tired of this. I'm young. I want to go out, go party, go back to acting."

Her tears fell down on her face.

"But I need you with me. I don't want any of those if I'm not doing it with you. I love you for fuck's sake. I nearly lost you, and lost myself within. Now you're asking if I'm tired of this?!"

"I want to give you everything you want." She says.

"You are. You are giving me love, a love life that is more beautiful than all the stars combined at night. I can never be tired of you."

"But when you look around you and see those woman, healthy strong woman, don't you want them?"

"No."

"What about that lady friend you like- liked?" She corrected herself.

"No Nina. Stop doubting yourself, I don't care if you're not fully healthy, I mean I do care about your health, more than anything, but that doesn't mean you being in the hospital makes me love you any less."

"I just want everything to go back to normal. Like back to two years ago! Everything was perfect you can't deny it."

"Neen." I said.

"Babe look at me right now. Look at us. Nothing was half as bad as this two years ago." She frowned.

"Yes, because we went through hell this year. Everything fell apart, even we did. Everything changed. But look at us! Our love is much stronger now! Now, we can go through anything and we'll still be stronger than ever, because we've already experienced enough." I said. I held her hand in mine and continued, "Two years ago, if we went through this, if my sister died, or you went through a crash, if we had that arguement back then everything would have ended right then. We're much stronger now."

"I love you."

"I know, baby, I know. And I love you more than anything. Just please stop doubting us."

"I want to get out of here." Neen frowned.

"But your health."

"Please! Let's just go out for a few then we'll be back by 8."

I shook my head at her and smiled. "Okay. I'll take you out if we can. I'll be right back." I said before leaving the room to see any doctor.

"Doc Miles!" I said as I approached, one of the doctors that has been around Nina lately.

"Hello, Ian. Amazes me how you barely left Nina's side ever since she arrived here."

I smiled at him, "About that... Is it okay if I take her out for tonight?"

"I'm afraid no, sorry Ian. Though on the good side, she's going to be discharged in 3 more days. Take her out then."

"And her leg-"

"Her leg is good broken but it will heal soon, after she's discharged she still has PT every day for an hour, don't forget that." He patted my shoulder and left me alone.

I sighed and walked back to Nina's room, only to meet her excited face.

"Sorry Neen. He said no."

"You're kidding right?" She giggled.

"No, I'm serious." I said, giving her a slight kiss on her dried lips.

"Oh." She said, as a frown appeared on her face.

"I'm sorry babe."

But she just shrugged, "It's fine. At least I'll be out in a week."

"3 days." I said.

"Really?! Yes! That's even better!" She grinned widely and my heart ached at how happy she looked. So beautiful.

"I'll take you out then, for dinner and we'll do whatever we want." I said, but in my head I planned a surprise party for her.

"Okay." She said pulling me closer and kissing me.

"I'll tell you what, I'll order pizza to here and we'll watch a movie together."

"Fine. On one condition?"

"And that is?"

"You have got to stop treating me like I'm a piece of glass. I want you by my side, I promise I won't break."

"Actually, a part of you is broken." I joked.

"Fuck you Ian." She laughed, rolling her eyes, "Get your ass here. I want Papa John's by the way."

"The usual?" I asked.

"The usual."

50 minutes later, we were cuddled in her hospital bed, the lights around us were already closed. My laptop laid in my lap, and the pepperoni, pineapple, chicken pizza box was in her lap. We waited for the movie Fast 6 to download from ITunes as we munched on our pizzas and sipped on our shared large coke.

"I love this."

"I love us."

"I love you."

"I love you, Ian. But I've got to say I sort of love this pizza more as of right now."

I smiled and kissed her.

I love her. Not because of how she looks but because how pure she is, and just so fucking genuine. Even though we weren't doing much, it meant everything to me. Moments like these are moments that define our relationship. And in that moment I knew that I had to do something and fast.

I need to propose to her.
I need her to be mine forever. My wife. I fell in love with the title, especially if I say it meaning Nina.

(((I'm so sorry I haven't updated in a very long time! I've been very busy! Three more chapters only!! For the sequel, please comment and tell me what would you like it to be, three years later or five years? Thank you for reading this story, and I love you all.)))