Chapter 70 - Fairytale

Ian's POV

I was convinced she wanted me to be with someone else I like. I mean I really do like her, and I would like it if we gave it a try. Nina told she was okay with it.

But when she called she told me she wanted me. And it drove me mad. I knew she was drunk, she sounded drunk.

I felt angry. For over a month now she didn't say anything. She didn't do anything. Now that I finally decided to move on, she came back to ruin it. I clenched my jaw and slung my backpack. I got in the plane, and was greeted by my pilot, Logan and Jennifer, his assitant.

"You ready?" Logan asked.

"More than ready." I answered. And it's true I'm ready to leave, ready to leave this all behind. Ready to be happy again. My phone vibrated in my hand and it said Nina. I declined the call and sat back. My phone vibrated again in my hand. I scowled and laid it on the table next to me.

"We'll close the doors in one minute." Jennifer said.

I nodded and sat back, closing my eyes.

"Sir. Your phone is ringing." I groaned and grabbed it, expecting it to be Nina but instead a number that is unfamiliar was calling.

"Hold up don't close the plane, it may be important." I told Jennifer and she smiled and nodded leaving to the front side of the plain to tell Logan.

"Hello?" I answered as I got out. I heard a very unclear reply but I was sure it was a man calling, "Hold up I can't hear anything." I walked further away and got away from the noise of the plane.

"Who's this?" I asked.

"Hello, Mr. Ian. What is your relationship with Miss Nina?"

"Um, she's a friend." I answered, not bothering telling the truth to a stranger.

"Are you anywhere near Atlanta?"

"I'm in the airport."

"We found you in her phone's most recent calls, she has got in a car accident, she's very hurt. She's in an ambulance, they're taking her to Piedmont Hospital. Could you be there? She is in a bad condition, we need information about her and for you to identify some few things. And it would be nice to see someone when she wakes up, that is if she wakes up anytime soon that is."

"What do you mean if?"

"She is very injured. Her car flipped and was caught on fire. Someone managed to rescue her before the fire and smoke was too strong. But from the looks of it she is hurt. She might be in a coma for days, weeks even. And please if you know anyone with closer relations to her in Atlanta, call them. A relative or a very close friend possibly. We understand her parents may not be in the state, but let them know please."

"Okay. I'll be right there." I said into the phone hurriedly as the man hung up. My baby. No she's okay. I should've stayed when she begged me to stay. My heart throbbed in my chest and it felt like a terrible dream, a nightmare.

I ran to my jet and noticed both Jennifer and Logan were waiting curiously for a response from me.

"I'm sorry guys I'm not leaving."

****

I don't know how long it took me to get here, I don't know how I called her parents and told them the news, I certainly don't know how I broke down on the way to the hospital.

I can't remember how it happened. My lips moved, my voice came out but that's all I remember. My whole attention was on her. Nina. My Nina.

"She's going to make it." I kept trying to encourage myself.