Chapter 8 - My Sanctuary

Nina's POV

We swam, played volleyball, had a bonfire and did everything we wanted in the beach. It felt great!

We went to the hotel at 12 am.

Since most of us woke up early, we all went to bed as soon as we got there.

Well, almost all of us. I didn't.

I stayed in my bed and waited, and waited and waited.

I have to find out about Ian's nightmares. I want to be able to help him, I don't care if we're together or not.

I looked through my pictures and even went to twitter and Instagram and talked to fans just so I wouldn't fall asleep. And when it became 2, I heard him moving. I got up from bed and sat next to him.

What could it possibly be? The nightmare I mean.

He says my name and begs me not to go...

2 minutes passed and then he called out for me.

"Nina.. Don't.. Nina.. Please.. Stay" He said. Well in his dream. And it pained me, I don't know why, but it did! More than anything...

"Ian, calm down! I'm right here! I won't" I said trying to wake him.

"Nina?" I could tell he was awake now.

"I'm here" I gently smiled.

He nodded then breathed in and out. Slowly, but heavily. I wiped the sweat that was forming on his forehead with my thumb, then pressed my lips onto his forehead.

I loved him.

No, scratch that.

I love him.

Without hesitation, he got up and pulled me with him to the bed. I laid down with him right next to me.

"Goodnight Ian." I said and grabbed his hand.

And with that we kissed.

Just a sweet gentle kiss.

God knows how much I missed his kisses, his touch, him...

I smiled into the kiss then broke it. He caressed my cheek and I then laid my head on his chest with his arms wrapped around me.

And I could swear the moment he had his arms around me, I felt like we were the only ones left on this planet.

I felt safe.

I felt happy. Heck, I felt beyond happy.

I felt good.

And with that, I knew one thing that was for sure.

Ian Joseph Somerhalder is my sanctuary.

I gently kissed his chest and with that I slept.

********

Mornings came by and when I looked to my left and Ian was still here.

With that my morning was made!

I slowly tiptoed to the bathroom not wanting to wake him up, after washing up, I got out and saw him still sleeping.

I wanted to wake him up, kiss him, cuddle him and just lay with him then go back to sleep. But I couldn't...

I don't know if i'll ever move on.

And it hurts that he already has...

It makes me think sometimes, if what we had was real, if what we had was special, how could he be fine? How could he walk with a smile on his face?