Chapter 54 - That Night

Ian's POV

(The day before)

It was fucking embarrassing.. I went out to buy her flowers, cheesy right? I know. I just figured she had a very rough week, with all the work she has. I mean in every single magazine it said, new interview with Nina Dobrev.

I had to leave my own work for her, I planned out a whole dinner for us in the restaurant where I took her to our first date, a blue tiffany & co box laid in my pocket. I went there myself to choose a promise ring for her, that one day I'll replace it with something else. Before I got her a promise bracelet but I figured I'd do something different this time. I had a feeling she thought of me as an asshole for not talking to hear much but I wanted a reminder for her that even when I'm not next to her, I'll always be hers.

I didn't want to propose to her straight away, because after everything but I wanted to give it to her now, then later in a few months or maybe a year or so, I'll propose to her.

But of course I went down and waiting for her with a flower boquet in my hand, and my phone in the other one. 15 more minutes until she's in my arms again.

Well it was supposed to be 15 minutes until I decided to check my phone to kill time and just like that, I found a voicemail from Nina.

"Hey Ian.. Um you weren't answering my calls, I really needed to talk to you.. Apparently they're extending my trip here in Los Angeles soo, I'm staying for 5 more days, a week maximum and so uh bye I have to go now, I miss you"

And not only that, but while I planned every single thing, she was out with her ex, enjoying her time. I felt betrayed.

And this is why here I am, at a bar, I downed my shot of tequila, I don't know how many I had, I lost count after 15 and I honestly don't care.

I was pissed off! It took me a while to get the courage to buy for her a fucking promise ring to give her, but now she's not coming and I don't think I'll be able to give it to her now.

And I knew I was being over dramatic, but ever since we came back from Australia, I get bad feelings whenever I'm away from her.

"Easy on yourself," a lady smirked taking a seat next to me.

I rolled my eyes and flipped her off, her voice was too annoying in my head. Unfortunately, she didn't shut the fuck up like I wanted her to, instead she chuckled and turned to look at me, "Let me guess, your heart is broken? Somebody left you?"

I ignored her once again, staring straight.

"I'll take your silence as a yes." She smirked, "I know how you feel. I've been where you are."

"Nobody left me." I said through gritted teeth.

"Lucky you then, my boyfriend of 3 years left me the next day he proposed to me."

"What makes you think I care?" I said, chuckling humorlessly.

She shrugged not saying anything for a moment. "Can I have margaritas please!" She ordered from the bartender.

"Because honey, you're sitting all lonely here, looking like you want all the attention you can get."

"Well I don't." I barked.

"Say what you want." She laughed.

She thanked the bartender and sipped her drink, after a few minutes she opened her mouth again, "Can I get your name at least?"

"Andrew." I lied, I don't know why but I did.

"I'm Annie, nice to meet you." When saw that I didn't say anything she chuckled, "Or not."