Chapter 48 - Caleb

"Would you mind if I got in before you, to clean the mess?"

"Not at all." I answered. I actually missed going to his apartment. We used to do it all the time, sometimes we'd go there to do crazy things and other times we would just lay in his bed and talk about anything in general.

"Okay good! I'm very sorry I feel bad! just get out of the car in two minutes. And lock it please." He stole a kiss and got out. I chuckled and waited for the two minutes to pass. As expected they felt so slow.

Finally 7:49 it read. Two minutes have passed already. I took the key out of the engine and locked it, like what he asked me to after getting out.

Just when I reached the floor he is staying at, I swear I saw a pretty woman get out of his, she looked at least younger than me in a couple of years. I suddenly felt scared.

For the first time, I didn't run away I just continued walking to his room. I need an explination at least.

Before I knocked on the door, he opened it. I got in and was completely surprised when I saw him holding a toddler. Not any toddler.

Toby..

I reached my arm out to carry him, he stayed silence as Ian closed the door and wrapped his arms around my waist.

I couldn't comprehend the hell was going on. What is Toby doing here?

We sat on the couch, side by side and Toby managed to struggle out of my grip, and sat in the middle of the room playing with his car toys.

Before I could ask anything, Ian talked like he had read my mind, "His father is arrested.. Robyn is in Europe with my parents. I'm the only one who agreed to do this."

"This is why you didn't come yesterday?.." I asked.

"Yes. And the day before and also being late for today. It was hard trying to find a baby sitter for him."

"You could've told me." I frowned, "You could've told us, your friends. We would've helped you, supported you! Did something, anything."

"I'm sorry. I had terrible past few days. I'm good now, don't worry. As long as we're together, I'll always be good." He gave me a small smile to convince me.

"If you told us earlier, we would've understood." I told him taking his hand in my mine.

"I'm sorry, I just didn't know how to bring it up. My mom is coming here tomorrow, she's staying for a few days then she's going to leave with Toby."

The little fella looked at us when we mentioned his name and giggled. I felt sadder then, because this happy little boy doesn't have mom and his father has been arrested for god knows what. He no idea what is going on in his life, in this world.

"Can I stay over the night?" I asked him out of sudden.

"Please.. I had trouble sleeping the past few days as well, I didn't know what to do, I wasn't prepared for this at all. I don't th-"

I let go of his hands and held his face instead, "I'll stay the night and I'll help you. Okay? For as long as you need me to! I'll just go grab a few things of mine then I'll come back again."

That wasn't the truth though. I can easily borrow some of Ian's clothes like I had for years, I can tell him to drop me off in the morning so I can get ready there. But there was one thing..

I needed to see Caleb. I needed to talk to him, maybe knock some sense into him.

"I'll drive you."

I shook my head at the offer, "I'll just call an Uber or something."

"No it's fine I will drive you. End of discussion. I bought Toby a car seat when I heard they were bringing him here."