When Nobody's Looking: Kam

Forgot the weekly oneshot aGaIn! Sorry!

Here it is now, though, and this week is....

Kam!!!

There. Right there.

The light lit up his hair in a golden halo that wreathed his head.

Then his eyes caught the light too, ice blue shimmering and-

"You're staring," Linh smirked out of the corner of his eye, and Tam hurriedly fixed his eyes on the textbook sitting on the table in front of him. He stretched out his shadow, meeting his sister's familiar one.

"Not staring," he shadow-whispered. "Being annoyed because he's being loud and I'm trying to study."

"Riiiight," Linh grinned. "Definitely."

He shushed her, glancing around to make sure no one caught their conversation.

Especially not Keefe.

It was bad enough he insisted on sitting across from him every day in study hall, distracting him with his boisterous laughter and jokes and his toned arms and his ice-blue eyes that seemed to-

"Eyes on the page, brother," Linh whispered in his ear. "Unless you want to talk to him about something important? Like, oh, I don't know... that feelings you seem to hate so much?"

"I don't know what you're talking about," Tam swiveled away from Keefe and Linh, as far as he could without looking strange.

Linh snorted, and Keefe glanced up.

Not that Tam was looking.

He certainly was not.

But if he was looking, then he would've noticed the sparkle that entered Keefe's eyes when they landed on the shade across the table.

But he was imagining that.

And he wasn't even looking, anyway.

Definitely not.

His eyes were on the page of his textbook. Elementalism really was fascinating, when he thought about it. Catching fire and wind and water and-

Was he looking? What if Keefe looked over? What if he was looking right now?

Tam stole a glance up, his eyes snagging on the arms of the tight shirt Keefe was wearing. Sophie slapped Keefe on the arm, and the muscles stood out against the fabric, making it clear just how much he worked out.

Not that he was looking, of course.

Why would he be, anyway?

Unless he was shooting a scowl or a glare or a roast of some sort-

"Tam," Linh hissed, her eyes dancing with amusement. "I'm reasonably sure you told me you were going to stop the staring about... oh, I don't know... an hour ago? Don't get me wrong, it's very cute and sweet-" Tam shot her a glare- "But you should really just talk to him."

"Oh, and about what?" Tam growled.

"The feelings you are trying so hard to pretend aren't there." Linh beamed as if she'd made a major breakthrough in the life story of her brother.

"I don't know what you're talking about," Tam kept his eyes firmly on the page about catching ice in bottles. Maybe that was what they'd done for Keefe's eyes-

Dammit.

Forcefully shoving any thoughts about a certain blonde sitting across from him, Tam scowled at his sister. She looked so satisfied, too, as if she could fix all of Tam's problems with a flick of a wrist.

If only he was brave like she was.

He tugged his bangs over his face, ignoring the silver strands tickling his closed eyelids as he tried not to look over at the empath across the table.

Not that he had before-

Not that his eyes had already taken in every detail about the boy across the table-

Not that he was even tolerable, which he wasn't. Because Keefe was a pranking, teasing, annoying, immature boy who meant absolutely nothing to-

Oh, what was the point. There was no more denying it.

He'd thought about it before. Never actually had said the words in his head, before. Even his mind wasn't safe around the telepaths.

But there really was no avoiding it anymore.

He propped his chin on his hand, decidedly not looking across the table.

Tam had fallen hard, into the land of crushes and secret looks when nobody can see. The land of silent thoughts and wistful daydreams and stolen glances. The place where people like Biana and Keefe thrived, where people like Tam withered.

But there was no going back.

No reversing it.

Because Tam Song was irrevocably and wholeheartedly head-over-heels in love with Keefe Sencen.

Doesn't have much fluff this week, but some nice Linh and Tam stuff. Plus, you know, Tam is being the sweet boy we all know he is.

I love him so much-

Next week is Keefitz, probably! Still taking requests, I'm working on those now!