Chapter Thirty-Two

*Chapter Thirty-Two*

*Not Edited*

*Victoria P.O.V.*

I spent the rest of the day with my babies, something I had been promising myself to do. Alyssa, Jack, and I had a rousing time at her "key party". The girl was a natural hostess. While her chatter as usual put a smile on my face, it was Jack that had me nearly laughing out loud. Which would have probably made our "hostess" less than pleased. He held that teacup like the queen of England was with us, very correct, and made all the appreciative sounds Alyssa wanted as he drank his "key", and nibbled her plastic cookies. It was the most comical sight. When Alyssa would look away, he would look at me pleadingly. Through the mind link he begged for secrecy, something about the guys never letting up if they knew.

I just nodded, promising to keep it between the three of us. Hey, what happens at a tea party. Stays at the tea party. After tea, we played doctor. Apparently her teddy couldn't handle his air tea and fell off the chair, and got a "boo boo". I blame her newest favorite TV show. Once again I nearly broke a rib holding in the laughter as the mighty feared enforcer played nurse to her doctor. Watching him with her I once again sent a prayer of thanks for the gifts around me. He was going to make a spectacular mate one day.

We left her to her much needed nap, she had quite an exciting morning. Jack muttered something about fighting someone big to reclaim his "guyness" and all I could do was giggle. I found Jacob outside on the court playing basketball, and I joined him there. His look of incredulity at the idea of his "old" mom wanting to play puffed me up a bit. Hey, I'm not that old!

"Are you sure? I mean, you're a girl." Jacob asked suspiciously. I stole the ball from him dribbling it around before tossing it up to watch it sail through the air before dropping into the hoop.

"Girls can play too." I said, watching his face drop in surprise.

"Connor said girls couldn't do that stuff!" Jacob gasped. I gave him a hug and a kiss then headed for the ball. I gave a chest pass to him and he caught it deftly which pleased me. Nice reflexes.

"Well, Connor needs to get out more. Girls can do as much as boys can." Jacob grinned and we played. Well, until the big boys showed up. Then I might as well have been invisible. Worse, Damon showed up a nearly dragged me from the game. Just when it was starting to get fun for me again. The look of shock as I stole the ball from that one guy was classic! Especially when I passed it between his legs to Jacob. Showed him right for blocking Jacob's shot.

Damon pulled me off, and made me sit on the benches running alongside.

"Papa! We need her to balance the teams!"Jacob yelled out. I watched Damon show pride on his face at my son's words, until he turned to look at the men playing on the court. Then his eyes turned hard and calculating. He placed a swift kiss to my lips and pulled his T-shirt over his head. I think he did it just to torment me.

"Not if she brings in a substitute." He grinned before joining Jacob. Jacob wooped and the other team groaned. Their "easy" win just got a lot less easy. I watched them begin to take the lead as Damon played, and man was he good. He moved like water between the other men, yet always tried to include Jacob, even lifting him to score a "dunk". I grabbed my phone out of pocket and texted Lucy like mad. She promised to form the calvary to help me prepare for my visitors and of course I thanked her profusely. Everyone should have a friend like her.

That done I called Michael. I didn't have to wait long for him to answer.

"Hey babe, you OK?" He greeted me.

"Yeah, is the baby still out?" I asked. He chuckled as a shout came over the line.

"That answer your question?" I answered with a chuckle.