Chapter Twenty-Eight

*Chapter Twenty-Eight*

*Not Edited*

*Victoria P.O.V.*

I woke, deliciously sore, from the night before. Giving a nice long catlike stretch, I got out of Damon's bed. I looked over to see him already up and gone for the day. A busy Alpha must get up early, I guess. I jumped in the shower, letting the hot water comfort my body. A quick dress in my usual comfy jeans and a tshirt, and I started my day.

Alyssa was happy to see me, and to tell you the truth, I was delighted to see her. It seemed I didn't see her much yesterday, but I didn't begrudge Michael spending time with her. A change and a dress and I hugged her little body close as I carried her down. I won't bother Jacob till breakfast was ready. I learned that the hard way. He was too much like me.

I tickled Alyssay under the chin and sat her down on the kitchen floor, giving her a wooden spoon to play with. As Alyssa drummed out a beat on the tile floor I made breakfast for my family. Nothing too big. Just Jacob's fave. Biscuits and sausage. I whipped up some sausage gravy for the adults and grabbed Alyssa while it warmed.

Damon met me in the hallway, already drawn out of his office by the smells. A cocky grin on his face as he saw me.

"Good morning." He whispered, placing a gentle kiss on my lips. I savored the sweetness of it, so different from last night.

"Morning. Just give us a minute to wake up the other's and breakfast will be ready." I said as I tickled Alyssa's tummy. Her little laugh ringing like a bell through the house. The laugh caused Damon to look at her with a warm smile and he even gave a low chuckle. It was impossible not to laugh along with Alyssa.

"Get Daddy! Get Jakey!" Alyssa shouted. Damon rubbed the top of those brown curls on Alyssa's head and turned his face to look at me.

"Why don't you leave the little princess with me while you do that?" Damon asked me. My eyes widened in shock. As involved as Damon was getting with Jacob, he hadn't spent much alone time with Alyssa. I didn't blame him. Toddlers were a handful, and taking into account he hadn't had any experience with babies, I understood. He still showed her affection and played with her, just not alone. Well, no time like the present! Right?

"Do you want to hang out with Damon while Mommy gets Daddy and Jacob?" I asked Alyssa. Her cute little face scrunched up in thought and Damon and I laughed a little. Couldn't help ourselves! She was adorable!

"Um, maybe, we should...ah...maybe...after talking with Michael of course...maybe she could call me Papa?" Damon, quite unlike himself, looked uncomfortable and shy. A blush lighting his cheeks as he stammered out that question. I wanted to jump in his arms and kiss him senseless, but he was right, we had to talk to Michael first.

"I can talk to Michael about that." I zoned out just looking at Damon as a happy smile filled his face. Goodness, he was amazing! Alyssa got me out of the love daze, patting me on my cheek.

"Me stay." Alyssa said looking very serious. Her arms reached out towards Damon and he gladly took her from me, cuddling her close. He gave me a wink before turning back towards his office.

"Do you want to help me by hanging up on people? Or we can rip some paper?" Damon's voice softened as he walked away, finally disappearing as he closed the office door. I shook my head out of the cloud of happy and went upstairs. Knowing Jacob would be none too happy to hold breakfast while I woke Michael, I went to Michael's room first. He looked sexy and adorable all cocooned in the blanket. He was a notorious blanket hog. His blonde hair stuck up in different directions giving him a very rocking hairdo. How was it men could look so amazing even with morning hair? I looked like the bride of frankenstein!