Chapter Twenty-Five

*Chapter Twenty-Five*

*Not Edited*

*Damon P.O.V.*

I left the issue of Alyssa's mate back at the house. Michael would handle it. An appreciation of our odd living arrangement came over me. With three adults, family troubles could be divided. With two men, as much as it chafes my fücking hide to admit it, handling "father" troubles and our female might be easier as well. That's if we don't kill each other first.

I quickly picked up Victoria's scent. As I feared, she had headed away from the pack house and more than likely away from the packlands. The thought of her alone away from the safety of my pack, had me nearly numb. Fate, as we all know, could be a downright bìtch. Trust her to give me my world, to quickly take it away.

~That won't happen.~ Blaze growled. There was no way he was going to let her go now. I agreed. I let Brielle go. I blame myself as much as the rogues. If I had only assigned wolves to watch the house, she would be here now.

~Yes, but Victoria wouldn't.~ That did give me pause. If I hadn't been chasing the wolf that had hurt Brielle would he have ever crossed paths with Victoria? If he hadn't, would she have accepted me?

I left the existential questions and focused on the task at hand. Finding Victoria. I passed a few pack members as I followed her trail. It wasn't pretty. A few women were crying. A few women were glaring daggers at me. A couple of the men I passed just winced in my direction, sending words of pity over the link. They all knew what I knew. I screwed up. I was in deep trouble.

The woods finally hid me from them all and I even seemed to breath a bit easier without all the judgement from them. I could hear my wolf snickering something about the brave alpha afraid of a few of his wolves. Well, he didn't get it. My woman mad plus a dozen other women mad equaled a hell of a lot of pain for me. Especially when said dozen women brought the pain home and their men came to bìtch at me. All the while my female is making me sleep on the proverbial couch. The thought of his "treat" being withheld shut my wolf up quick. I believe I could even see him trembling at the thought.

The anxiety inside grew though the farther I went into the woods. Her scent was still there and I could not detect others around her. It told me two things. She was still farther out and she was still thankfully alone. At least she was when she was here. The closer I got to the border of my lands, the more my wolf whined to be let out. He could track her a little better, and he was faster. It had been over an hour now since she left and who knows how far away she was.

The moment I stepped over that boundary line, I lost it. She was now in unclaimed territory, upset and alone. I let my wolf loose and I didn't give a damn over my shredded clothes. My only thought. Find Victoria. Blaze, just as anxious, took off. He would pause now and again to scent the trail making sure he was still on the right track.

After another thirty minutes or so, all the while Blaze cursing at me about being a stupid human, I spotted her. She was still in wolf form. Which pleased both Blaze and myself as the thought of anyone seeing her in the buff would have been their death warrant. She seemed calmer though. Which was a good thing, right?

My wolf rushed hers and forced hers to stop. He circled her, rubbing against her. He was scent marking her, also checking for signs of injury or other males. His job done he rested his head on her back. Occasionally licking her cheeks. Occasionally rubbing his face on hers. Blaze was apologizing as he could. The alpha in him unable to show his neck or his belly, submitting to hers. Her wolf was unmoving, though she didn't snap at us. That was a good sign, right?

She pushed her way through, dislodging Blaze's head, and headed towards home. What we wanted to do? Nip at her sexy àss hindquarters, making her go faster. What we ended up doing? Following her with our tail between our legs. Yeah, real manly.