Chapter Twelve

*Chapter Twelve*

*Not Edited*

*Victoria P.O.V.*

Hearing that familiar rumbling of the truck end nearly made my heart stop. Not ready, I'm just not ready! I could hear the slam of a truck door, heavy footsteps. Then the crash of the front door as it bounced against the wall. Yeah, the big scary she wolf flinched at the sound. I'm not going to lie. My breath was going in and out in fast deep pants, as I tried to prepare myself for what was going to happen. I'll admit it. I was scared for both of them. I didn't have time to wean myself to everything. Shìt was going down now, and in buckets. I had to be honest with myself. I love Michael, I do. I just can't deny that I feel nothing for Damon. Was it love? I don't know. Maybe. I feel a connection that's almost scary, with how fast it's come on. I am officially the worst person on the planet. I have a great guy who loves me, and what am I doing? Falling for another guy, but wanting to keep the first one. Yep, it is official. Worst. Person. Ever.

I could hear Michael making his way toward us, and I nearly peed my pants. What do I do?! What can I do?! I really don't want Michael to get hurt, and I know Damon can take care of himself, but I don't want him hurt either. Before I could come up with an answer, Michael was at the back door.

This felt wrong. Surely a big showdown between two guys shouldn't happen in the middle of the afternoon, right? It shouldn't be a bright and warm sunny time. There should be darkness, and either a big moon to illuminate the yard, or a thunderstorm with flashes of lightning and the crash of thunder. There was no thunder to create a mood, there were birds chirping for goodness sake! Didn't the d@mn birds get the note that my life was falling apart! No cheery songs please! It will make her crazy. D@mn birds.

Michael just stood there huffing in air like a bull about to charge. His eyes were almost glowing with rage and I prayed Damon was smart enough not to be doing something stupid. Like smirking.

'Snow, anytime you want to jump in and say something to stop this, please do so now!' I whipser yelled in my head. Why, I don't know, it's not like anyone could hear me. I mean Damon could probably hear my heart racing, but not my thoughts. I think?

~There's nothing to do or say right now to stop this.~ she tried to explain. ~What will happen, will happen.~

Of all the time to be zen, she picks now?! Knowing noone else was going to help, I walked in between them. Far enough from both, that neither would take offense, but they could only see each other over my head. Which, was kind of easy. Stupid tall men!

"Please, calm down! Both of you. Let's sit like adults and talk this out?" I tried to be calm and soothing, hoping to settle this like mature people. "I can make some coffee. We can talk this out like adults." I reiterated, hoping one of them would hear me. Judging by the look on Michael's face I should have held my breath.

"So, you must be the husband." Damon said in his smooth voice. I couldn't help the shiver of appreciation at the sound from going through my body.

"Yeah, I'm the husband." Michael anwered as he came down the steps toward us. "You must be the @sshole trying to take what's mine."

My eyes widened at his words, worry over how Damon would take his statement made me swing around toward him. You would never guess he had just been insulted. He let it flow down his back like a duck would shed water. Damon looked cool as a cucumber, and even gave a smile, no d@mnit, he smirked.

"Not steal, no. Didn't your mother teach you how to share?" I gasped at his comment. Why was he egging this on?

Swinging my head back towards Michael, I was shocked to see how close he had come. He was in touching distance. Michael's face twisted in something ugly. Something I had never seen before. Damon should have left his mom out of it.