Chapter Twenty

*Chapter Twenty*

*Not Edited*

*Victoria P.O.V.*

It seemed when Damon said he wanted us to move in, he meant right away. The day after our talk with Jacob, he showed up with around 30 people. Michael and I just stood there on the patio staring in shock as truck after truck showed up and spewed out people. They all parked to the side. Two large moving trucks pulling up close to the patio.

Damon led the group of weres to the patio stopping just short of us. He looked firm and just plain yummy. My knees began to buckle a bit as the heat waves started. I was able to push it back this time though. Now was not the time to be a spider monkey.

"I brought some help. We move today." He stepped through Michael and I and the two of us parted like the red sea as the group of people followed him. Jesus, was it just me or was that no-budging-tone sexy as hell? I could hear that alpha voice directing the people on where they should start. A few began to trickle out and head for the moving trucks, grabbing stacks of boxes. Another came out and grabbed a ready made box. Peeking in the front door, I saw him open it and begin laying out tape guns and rolls of tape. After placing them all next to the growing stack of boxes, he grabbed a gun and a few boxes and headed toward the garage.

"Crap, he's gonna mess up my system..." Michael grumbled, before grabbing a gun and some boxes and following the strange man into his man place. I headed toward the stack of boxes and grabbed my gear and headed for the kids room. I was nearly bowled over by a female rushing past me. She stopped and helped right me. Fear evident in her gaze. I don't know why. I wasn't mad. When you have this many people in one place, accidents happen.

"I'm so sorry Luna! Please forgive me!" She looked nearly in tears, poor thing.

"It's alright. I'm ok." I smiled at her. "Is everything ok?" She looked so frazzled the poor thing.

She nodded quickly and returned my smile.

"Oh, yes Luna! It's just that we all forgot markers. " My face showed realization of the problem and nodded in dismissal. She left me with a grateful nod, grumbling about men and something about not knowing which box goes where. I gave a chuckle and made my way to Jacob's room. The baby was napping. No way was I going in there. In fact, a man seemed to be standing guard, or just standing there. As long as he didn't go in, we were cool.

With Jacob helping, it didn't take long to get his room packed up. Well, he helped tape boxes. He thought the tape gun was pretty cool. When the baby woke, the man that had been in the hall and I went in. I saw to her needs first, then set her to play in a corner while we packed. Well, I packed and he manhandled the furniture. The crib gave him the worst trouble. I watched quietly from my area as he pushed and pulled this way and that, twisting it at an angle, trying to fit it through the door.

"If you need help..." I was interrupted by his growl.

"I got this." I sighed and shook my head. Men. After five minutes of covering Alyssa's ears from hearing him curse, I interrupted his battle of the crib.

"The crib is too wide, it has to be disassembled." He stopped and looked at me. "The tool you need is taped the the board under the mattress." I watched him heave a sigh. I didn't feel sorry for him, he should have realized that the crib wouldn't fit from the get go. Ok, I did feel bad. It was after all, our crib. I quickly finished the box I was working on, and headed over. Keeping one eye on Alyssa, we had the crib apart in moments. He nodded a thanks and began huffing the pieces down.

The kids and I ran into town and picked up some pizzas, drinks, and beer. I didn't know if Damon was paying them money, but where we're from if you help move, you get pizza and beer. That was your payment. So, if they get both. Good for them. The men and some of the women, were grateful for the beer, all seemed grateful for the food. I was just plain grateful. We had only been working a few hours and most of the house was ready to go. This felt nice. The help of course was amazing, but I was thinking more of the family feel of everyone.