Chapter Thirty

*Chapter Thirty*

*Not Edited*

*Brenda P.O.V.*

FML! I thought as I pushed my way through the the few people in the doctor's office. That fücking whøre! I walked out that office ready to kill. I didn't mind knocking off a few people who stood in my way, but right now I only wanted one head as my trophy. The one who had dared to set my hopes of taking over the pack on fire. The one person who stood in my way of being the top female.

Victoria.

Who did she think she was?! I was the most wanted. The Alpha chose me! He chose me! No he wasn't my mate, but why shouldn't I be the Luna. I'm beautiful. Men wanted me and women wanted to be me. I should be his Luna. Not some overweight boring housewife with frizzy hair! She already had a man! Why did she have to poach on mine? He was MINE! All I had to do to get over his little fear of commitment was to get knocked up. It didn't even have to be his!

Nooo, here she waltzes in and bewitches him into believing their mates and he soaks it up! Now she's pregnant! I watched some of the children playing and let my fury build. Even the pack is believing her bull! They just couldn't say anything bad about her. Everyone loved her! They should be loving me! I will make them pay. I will make them all pay. I pushed a child close to me to the ground and reveled in the cries of pain. Little brat shouldn't have come near me.

I ignored the whistles from the men who watched me walk by, I wasn't in the mood. There was only one man I wanted whistling at me, and he was too busy glowing like a sap about the "baby". I needed to get somewhere nice and private. Someone had a lot of explaining to do.

I ran into the woods, staying in my human form. No way was I shredding this new skirt. I headed toward the packline, so angry, I didn't even care that my new heels were probably getting ruined. If I had Damon, I would have enough money to buy me a hundred new pairs. Well, on to plan B. I had to calm down now. Yes, I was supes pissed about losing Damon, but my mother raised me well. She always told me to have several irons in the fire, you never know when you made need them. It was a lesson I learned well.

Thoughts of my mother calmed me. Like an actor preparing for a role, I shook my head, careful not to muss my hair, and put on my role. Damon might have been a large iron, but I had another one. Another one who had better explain himself to me. I grabbed my new phone out of my purse and hit send on the only contact in it. He didn't make me wait long.

"What is it." His gruff voice filled my ears and made my stimach turn. He wasn't even close to Damon in the looks or personality department, but he was powerful. Power covered up for a lot of things. Who cared what he looked like? He could make me something better than Luna, a queen!

"Pooh! Is that all you have to say to me?" I pouted in my best sexy voice. I heard him sigh wearily into my ear and waited for him to speak.

"Sorry. People are messing things up on my timeline, and it irritates me." He gave another sigh, and finished in a much calmer voice. "Hello, sugar, how are you?" I preened at his tone. Who says a queen can't rule her man, thereby ruling over all?

"Not good, daddy bear. Not good at all." I whimpered a bit for effect. "I miss you. Plus, I have heard the most disturbing things!" Let him think I was all blonde hair and sex. Men were too easy.

"What about?" He asked, I could almost see him shuffling things on his desk, tuning me out.

"Well, that there was a failed attack on the Luna." At my words I knew his attention was now firmly back to me.

"Was she at least hurt a little?" He asked. I clinched my free hand into a fist, imagining it going at a certain female's face.

"No. Apparently Damon killed them before they could even mess up her hair. All the backup had to do was help him clean up the mess." Let that sink in you smug bastàrd.

"Dammit! They were some of my best fighters." I listened to him curse a bit more. Which I was shocked. He hardly cursed at all, saying curses were for the dirty masses he had said. "Well, that explains the delay. I may need to take a different approach with him." Shocker! I had told him Damon was not a person to mess with. He was a warrior. I tuned out the mumbling he was doing as I remembered the feel of all that warrior's body against my own.

"Well, I did say he was a good fighter. The best really." I murmured.

"I don't need any 'I told you so" from you!" He growled. He didn't need?!

"I didn't need any little female surviving an ambush either! Yet she did! You promised me her head!" I yelled at him. His roar of anger made me rethink my approach.

"Watch you tongue when you speak to me!" He roared. Dang. Time to bring him back to my side.

"I'm sorry, daddy bear. It is just so frustrating! Then, to hear the news I heard today." I left it hanging. Let him rethink how he spoke to me. I heard him sigh again.

"Understood. What did you hear?" He groaned. He was too easy.

"Not sure if I want to tell you now. You yelled at me." I gave a little cry. He wants me to keep playing this game, then he better show me some respect. He gave another groan, this time in frustration.

"I'm sorry for yelling. Now sugar bear, what did you hear?" He was patronizing me, I knew. Let him. As long as I get what I want.

"Well, I saw them around and followed. I thought I could learn something for you." Let him think I wanted to please him. "They went to the doctor." He was quiet for a minute.

"I'm so happy you would want to please me like that. Was there anything else?" Hadn't he heard of playing up the moment? Build-up?

"No. After they left I snuck in their room and I got a look at their charts." I stopped there and let him hang. I knew it would drive him crazy, but I wanted to.

"That's my good girl. What did you learn?" I could hear the tension in his voice.

"That the little witch is pregnant." I laughed weak and dry. "With Damon's child. Could very well be the future Alpha." I said bored already with this conversation, while checking my nails. I really needed to schecule a mani. His laugh as I finished was surprising. He seemed almost pleased with the news. Weird.

"That's perfect! This is going to be too easy." he chuckled in almost glee.

"What are you talking about Stephen?! Damon will guard her even more fiercely then he does now!" I yelled at him. How could the news of Victoria's pregnancy not be horrible for everyone? It was to her.

"Brenda, so many things can go wrong in a pregnancy. So many horrible things. Life ending things." I listened to the self proclaimed "King of the Rogues" chuckle evilly. "And when Damon is weak due to his worry for her safety, I can take him down."

{A.N. Okay, I haven't done one of these in a while, I try reeeeaaally hard to not put any, but I wanted to give a HUGE thanks to everyone who reads this story! Thirty chapters! Can you believe it?! It's all because of you guys! You give me reason to keep going, to throw my lazy to the side, and stick to it. So thank you! Thank you for all the votes and all the amazing comments. Keep them coming!}