Chapter Twenty-Three

*Chapter Twenty-Three*

*Not Edited*

*Damon's P.O.V.* {Surprise!}

I woke this morning feeling on top of the world. Yes, I woke alone, but I knew I would. Victoria had asked gently if she could stay with Michael last night, and as much as I wanted to keep her to myself, I saw how much she needed it. Against all my selfish wants, I wanted her to be happy and agreed.

~That's your job. Keep your mate happy. Put her above yourself.~ Blaze said approvingly. I'm quite shocked at how well he was taking this. Most males would never share their mate. Of course most females do not want another. I readied myself for the day and the boring task of office work. Reaching out through the mate bond, carefully I might add, I knew she was still resting. Victoria was very fond of her sleep. As long as the kids were sleeping, so was she.

Knowing my mate will bring me breakfast when she made it, I headed into the office. The pile of unattended things really depressed me. Take one day off to mark your female and work piles up. I let the cheesy grin drive the irritation away. I was now a mated male. I finally got to taste her sweet flesh. Let her blood dance across my tongue like a fine wine. Let my hands delve- I stopped myself before I got too worked up. There was no way I was going to get any work done if I let myself go any farther. Let's just say tonight, and it will be tonight, we were going to have some definite "quality" time. Isn't that what she calls it?

A few piles of this request or that was easily taken care of. It may have only taken an hour or so. As if to reward me of deeds done, in walked my fantasy. My mate, all adorable in her jammies and her hair in a sloppy bun, carrying a plate of yummy. By the smell, bacon and southwest eggs and some blueberry muffins. Yum. She gave me a warm smile and set it down and left. What?!

Just as I was starting to lose some of the glow and be a little bothered by the cold shoulder, she walked in again. This time with a large glass of juice and some silverware. Irritation abating, lust rising. She set her newest things down next to the plate of breakfast, and I didn't let her sneak away again.

I grabbed her by the waist and stuffed her in my lap, her blue shorts covered in fluffy clouds rising at my action. I plucked the strings of her matching blue tank as she squirmed.

"Good morning mate" I growled right before I kissed her. I let her feel not only the frustration of not having a morning "snack", I also let her feel how happy I was. Let her walk away from that! My hand riding up her thigh pushing the already risen loose shorts up a bit more. We both groaned at that. I moaned because the feel of her soft skin against my hand. Victoria, I quickly learned is very sensitive to skin play on her thighs. Note to self for later, use skin play on her thighs.

I pulled back with a grin at her flustered face and set her back on her feet. If she was awake, the kids were awake, anyone could walk in at any moment. No need to scar the kiddos with that image. Even though the anxiety of getting caught could raise the "potency" of the moment.

Swaying on her feet for a moment, I took in her dazed expression with a glad heart. Heat abated or not, she still felt it. She quickly pulled her hair out of its now sloppy bun and fixed it back up with a swiftness only a girl could pull. She gave me another warm smile and turned away.

"Don't forget. We have a lesson in mind blocking later." She stopped at the door at my words. She turned back with a smile still on her face and nodded, before twitching those lush hips of hers and walking out. Saucy witch! Goddess, I love her!

A few more hours later and I was all caught up on my paperwork. The desk was cleared of all petitions, the only thing showing was my desk calender. Good deal. Something in red caught my attention, and I looked closer at the date I wrote it. It was the day Jack had come in to tell me about Alyssa. Shìt, with everything going on, I forgot to call the elders. Which reminded me of something else. About Victoria. I picked up the phone. Better do it now, before I get distracted, yet again.