Chapter Twenty-Seven

*Chapter Twenty-Seven*

*Not Edited*

*Victoria P.O.V.*

I didn't know Damon wasn't following till I crossed the pack line. A quater mile in, when I didn't hear him yelling at me in my head, or biting at my butt, I looked back. I nearly fell when I realized he wasn't behind me! That jerk! How am I supposed to be mad at him, if he's pulling hero stuff! I can't, that's how! He didn't plan this did he?

~Do you really think he would make up the fact rogues were chasing us, then stay behind to fight to his possible death, just so we wouldn't be mad?~ Snow growled. Okay, it does seem pretty far-fetched, but he was a sneaky weasel.

"No. You're right. We should go back and help!" I was all set to take control and head back the way I came, but Snow wasn't having it.

~No! We go and get him help! Or else him staying behind means nothing! I blame myself. We knew there was a threat and I let our emotions take control. We shouldn't have left the safety of the pack.~ I could feel Snow's blame on herself. Hell, I felt guilty too. Too guilty. I started screaming through the pack link, hoping anyone could hear me.

'Luna?' I heard Brian call back and I nearly fell over again. Pack links are so cool!

'Damon is fighting rogues to the south of the house a quater mile past the pack line! He needs help!' I shouted. Did I need to shout? Probably not. I just needed to.

'On our way.' Brian called back. Relief took the rein of fear from me. I just hoped they would be in time. A mile later, I saw them. So, maybe five minutes since I talked to Brian. Man, they came at me quickly. They passed me a minute later. Either I was tired, or I was extremely slower than most wolves.

~Which is why we need to run more. And train.~ Snow was panting, but we didn't stop till we reached the house. I shifted back before running in and going upstairs. I heard Lucy playing with Jacob. I only hoped Alyssa was with Michael, as those two were not here. I threw on a pair of pants and a shirt and ran back outside. I was so stupid! How could I have run off like that?! I know I was extremely upset, but usually I have more control of myself. Something was off with me. I promised a check up with the doctor tomorrow. First, I had to know Damon was okay. Second, I needed to smack him for not following me. Third, I needed a nap. Or a vacation. A nap while on vacation.

~Victoria! Priorities!~ Snow growled. Yes, yes. I did say make sure Damon was okay first!

She just shook her head at me. She should have been resting, I knew how tired she was, I could feel how tired she was. Like me, she couldn't still. As I paced the yard, she paced my head. Over and over, her ears perked for any sounds, hoping to hear from him. This was all my fault. He never would have been out there if it wasn't for me.

~Dont place this all on you. I had control. I saw the line and went over anyway.~ Snow whispered, trying to soothe me.

On and on we went, back and forth, trying to convince the other of her own guilt.

'Okay, I'm getting tired of this. How about we blame the rogues?~

~Sounds good. I definitely like that plan.~ So we waited. And waited some more. Waited until I wanted to tear my hair out. Waited until I wanted to scream Damon's name over the link. The only thing holding me back, was the fear of distracting him. I was too new at this to sneak a peak, without letting him know. We were going to train on that today after his business was completed, instead we fought and this happened. Just when I was going to say to hell with his distraction and call him over the link, I saw them. Some still in wolf form, some in human. Including Damon. I didn't hesitate. Damon seemed okay. First phase complete. I ran to him. I ran like rogues were on my tail, and I jumped on him. He caught me, which didn't surprise me. I was just grateful I didn't push him to the ground. As soon as his arms were around me, mine were around him and my lips were on his.