Chapter Eight

*Chapter Eight*

*Not Edited*

*Damon P.O.V.*

I woke the next morning with a weight on my chest and I knew the cause. I had met my mate, but she was married to someone else.

~She is perfect.~Blaze growled in my head. Apparently,he didn't like me thinking negatively about her. Hell, neither do I, but she's married! She didn't wait for me!

~Well, you didn't exactly wait for her either! Plus, she was human and knew nothing about mates.~he rebutted. I kind of cringed at that. Did I have a right to be angry at her for marrying a man she loved as a human? Especially, when I fooled around with women who meant nothing to me. All the while, I knew that my mate was out there. With that, I knew I couldn't mess around anymore. No more casual flings. I'm not sure how this would work out, but for her, I will try. Try not to rip her husband apart piece by piece just for touching her smooth skin. Not to gouge his eyes for looking at what was mine. My hands balled in fists at the thoughts running through my head. I shook the violent thoughts away and prepared myself for the day.

Before I could leave for Victoria's, I had to do the meddlesome task of pack duties. This one wants that, that one wants this. Very irritating, when all I wanted was to see her. After a few phone calls with various alphas about the transfer of pack members either wanting to join their packs or come to ours, I was finally done. I didn't let the handset grow cool before I took off for the door. I needed to see her. Now. My wolf whined a bit at all the delays, but I soothed him with the thought that we would see her soon. Unfortunately that wasn't happening any time soon when I saw who was standing outside my door.

"Brenda, I have no time for you right now." I growled at the vexing woman awaiting me. Her manicured hands were poised to knock the door I had abruptly opened. She quickly tried to play it off by fluffing her bottle blonde mane over her shoulder. The super staight locks flipped in the air at her command. She took a deep breath, showing her abundant cleavage to their best advantage in her very lowcut red blouse. Strangely, for once, those creamy mounds did nothing for me. I couldn't help but compare her daring red blouse to my mate's modest red sweater. Her processed straight blonde locks to Victoria's natural brunette curls. Looking in Brenda's icy blue eyes staring out of her admittedly pretty face, I felt nothing. She fixed her lips in a sultry pout. I knew this wasn't going to end quickly.

"Damon, you didn't come by to see me last night!" She whined.

"Of course I didn't! You went psycho stalker on me!" I bit out. Crap. Now she thinks I still want her, but I'm punishing her for her outburst...crap. She cocked a slim hip and placed a hand there. Literally, the she-wolf would catch pneumonia wearing that tiny skirt in this weather. Or not wearing I should think. A frown crinkled the bridge of her shaped eyebrows, and I had to stop myself from taunting her about wrinkles.

"Oh, baby, you know I was just messing with you!" She cried. "Why don't we go back inside and let your Brenda bear make it all better. I know how the pull that thorn out. You'll be so much less grumpy!" She lowered her voice at the end like she was talking to a child. Maybe once I thought that was sexy, but not now. She reached for my belt to drag me inside but I quickly grabbed her hand.

"No, Brenda. Not today." I told her. Her eyes widened at shock at the rejection. I understood. She has never been told no to by any male. Irritation filled her eyes, making them almost spit hail.

"Why not?" She growled. I guess I had to tell her sometime, soon everyone would know anyway.

"I met my mate." I simply told her. I walked away from her, my wolf enjoying her frozen shock at my words. Blaze never cared for her. When I hit the woods, I started to run. I didn't want to alert the pack and have them follow. No, I needed to see her alone.