Chapter Fourteen

*Chapter Fourteen*

*Not Edited*

*Damon P.O.V.*

  I had just laid down on my bed, trying to not think about how lonely it was, when she called. I was tired. Spent emotionally and physically. The emotion part well, yeah. The physical exhaustion, well, Michael can put up one hell of a fight. For a human. Yes, the healing was just about over, though my wolf Blaze was being a complete dìck about finishing it up.

  ~You deserve to feel the pain.~ Blaze growled. ~He may be a rival, but he means a great deal to our mate.~

  See. Complete dìck about it. He healed the more than likely rib fractures and very likely broken knuckles. The split lip and black eye. He's leaving them apparently. Complete dìck. That's okay though. It was a good fight. It was a great stress release. Michael probably felt the same way. Most men do. There's nothing like a good fight to make you feel alive.

  I hated hearing the slight bit of panic in her voice, knowing it was for him.

  ~She would worry for you too.~ Blaze consoled. Yeah, well, whatever. She's not worried about me.

  ~Dumbass. She knows where you are.~ Oh. Right. I got out of bed and put my jeans and a fresh black shirt on. Slipping on my leather jacket, I headed out the door.

  What? You thought I shouldn't help her find her husband? Like I should have just let him disappear into the night and help "console" Victoria? Believe me, I have thought of it. I have even thought of making sure he "left" for good. But I knew how much he meant to her. What made Victoria well Victoria, would die a little. Males of my species would do a lot for their mates. Just about anything to keep them happy. In our case, well my wolf and I would have to learn to share. Damnit. Blaze growled with an answering annoyance. He didn't like it much either.

  As I got in my other love, a black as sin 2014 Jaguar F Type R Coupe, I had to sit and think about where to even start. She was right, he was new to the area, he wouldnt go far out of his comfort zone. Where do guys go to release everything? Gym or the bar. They don't have a gym near them. Bar it is. Fúck, this was either going to be very bad, or build the town a new bar bad. Let's hope for the first one, I thought as I sped towards town.

*************************************************************************************************************

  I pulled in behind the bar, Grubs and Suds first. Classy, was my first thought. Victoria worked at Demarco's, which was slightly more "upscale". Just a hunch, I didn't think he would go there. Didn't seem the type. Plus, he would be reminded of her there. This was more of a labourer, biker, blue collar type of bar. He fit that. Walking in under the neon lights of a dozen or so beer signs, made me think of that old country song my mother liked. Something about a neon moon, losing your one and only. Like the song said. There's room here for the lonely. Guess we both fit that bill. It took a moment for even my wolf eyes to adjust to the dimly lit smoke filled interior. Not a very busy place. A few biker types, playing pool, sized me up. Didn't take long for them to look away.

  A few scantily clad "women" eyed me up like a steak dinner, but I ignored them. Sure enough they returned their attention to the man between them. He was hard to spot through them, but I recognized his scent. It was Michael. He wasn't paying them any attention, though they tried every trick. He just stared vacantly, nursing a large beer. I decided to play hero, and moved up to him.

  "Hey! You started without me!" I slapped a hand on his wide shoulder and pushed one of the "ladies" away. They both perked up with both of us close by, but I gently maneuvered them off Michael and myself with a solid 'We're taaken'