Chapter Twenty-Nine

*Chapter Twenty-Nine*

*Not Edited*

*Victoria P.O.V.*

I woke slow on a hard cushy surface. This was definitely not either of my beds. Which is funny to think that I have more than one. I let my eyes blink open slowly letting in the glaring bright light. Why was it so bright? Damon's concerned face was the first thing I saw. He's so cute! Why was he so concerned?

"Kitten? Are you okay?" He said as he saw me blink awake. This confused me. Of course I was okay! He didn't hurt me. Well, at least not more than I was ok with. As my eyes took in the room I was in, which was clearly a doctor's office, it all came back to me. The stand off with Damon, the silent walk to the doc's office. Then the news. Dear Lord! I was pregnant! By who though?

"Yes. I'm okay." I began to sit up, Damon helping me with a hand at my back. Good gravy, let the coddling begin. "Thanks, but I can sit up just fine!" I snapped. Why was I laying down?

"I know, I just want to help. You did pass out cold." He mumbled. Damn these mood swings! I began to cry softly, sad about possibly hurting his feelings. "Oh, kitten, don't cry." Damon whispered, gently rubbing the tears off my face, placing kisses on my forehead.

"I'm sorry! I didn't mean to hurt your feelings." I blubbered. Damon just hugged me close, whispering soothing words along the lines of me not hurting his feelings. It helped my hormonal burst. His scent helped loads too.

"Feeling better?" He said handing me some scratchy tissue. As much as doctor's charged, well in the human world, you would think they could splurge on two ply tissues. I blew my noise and he grabbed another and wiped my face. Again, that warm feeling filled me to the point I had to pinch myself to keep from crying again. Stupid hormones!

After I was cleaned up, and temporarily in control of myself, Damon placed another kiss to my forehead.

"I'm going to get Dr. Thurman. Okay?" Damon looked adorable when he was unsure of himself. I nodded and he left, quickly returning, the doctor at his heels. Dr. Thurman came to me with a smile and did a quick check of my vitals again.

"Well, you seem okay. You probably just fainted at the news. Usually it's the fathers who do." He paused giving me a grin. "Trust you to break the mold though." Dr. Thurman gave a chuckle and motioned for Damon to sit next to me, which he quickly did. Damon immediately ensnared my hand in his much larger one giving me a squeeze of encouragement.

"Dr. Thurman?" I started but found my courage fled. I was wondering how we knew it was Damon's child. I didn't want to get Damon's hope up just to have them crash and burn. I remembered the look of unfettered joy when the doctor had said I was pregnant. I wanted him to keep that look. I looked at him now. He just seemed so at peace. So sure of this. So happy. Damon must have sensed through our bond of my worry. He just gave another squeeze and placed a kiss to the top of my head.

~Don't be scared, love. Just ask.~ Damon encouraged me through our link. I nodded and took a deep breath. Like a band-aid.

"Dr. Thurman, how do we know it's Damon's baby?" I asked, a hunch to my shoulders. Damon inhaled sharply, his eyes locking on to Dr. Thurman. Dr. Thurman took a seat in the swivel stool in front of us, placing the chart in his lap.

"I can understand you're worry, but I feel very confident that this child is indeed Damon's." Dr. Thurman looked down at our chart, reading quickly, then looked back at us. "Do you know how long a normal heat may last? Especially one put off as long as yours?" The question from someone I barely knew was uncomfortable, even if he was a doctor. This was intimate territory he was getting to.