Chapter Ten

*Chapter 10*

**Not Edited*

*Victoria P.O.V*

  I carefully walked in the house, trying hard not to wake or disturb anyone. I felt like a teen sneaking home after a wild night. I felt like if I just tiptoed carefully, the impending doom wouldn't come. Seriously, I need to get a grip! I'm a grown woman. I didn't do anything wrong! I fell asleep! Yes, it was with another man....but nothing happened. Nothing. With my pep talk over, I stopped being so scared. I stopped being anxious. With my shoulders back and my head high, I went to my kitchen to prepare a nice breakfast. Hey, don't blame for bribing my husband with food. It works. I just have no idea what to say to him. Do I tell him the truth? I need to tell him at some point. I know, eventually, I will have to. I have come to the decision that I wasn't going to just blow Damon off, I couldn't. I was not going to condemn him to death. Or me either. We just had to figure something out. Before we do that, Michael had to be told. I wasn't giving up on Michael either. I still believe in the vows we spoke so long ago. I had promised till death did us part, and I was still willing to do that. I love him. I love the way he looks at me. I love the way his eyes sparkle when he thinks of something wicked, and I know it has to do with me. I love the way he plays with Jacob, or holds Alyssa close. He is a good man. I just hope we could get through this intact.

  Michael was the first to wake as usual, at around 8 am he came down the stairs with a sleepy look of worry in his eyes. He stopped when he saw me at the stove frying bacon. I looked over to see him standing there with his eyes closed, relief etched all over his face. He walked up behind me and wrapped his big arms around me. He cuddled me close, before whispering in my ear.

  "Thank God, I was worried." I looked at him with a bashful look of apology.

  "Sorry, I just got carried away. Then I fell asleep at the stream." He came from behind to my side so I could see the smile on his face.

  "I understand." He said. I swear he was looking deep in my soul through my eyes. Guilt started to chew through me. Clawing me deep. I gave a deep sigh.

  "Guess, it didn't help though huh?" He said. Poor guy, if only he knew. I would have to tell him something before Damon came. What if Damon blurted "it" out to him, or went all alpha male on him. Michael, as strong as he was, didn't stand a chance against someone like Damon.

  The kids woke soon after the bacon was done, good thing too. Alyssa was a chore of changing her diaper, then the battle for clothes. She may only be a toddler, but she knows what she wants to wear and she is not changing her mind. Three outfits later, knowing I would have to change her clothes again soon, we made it back down to a whining duo of men.

  "Mom! Seriously! You can't wake me up this early on a Saturday with the smell of bacon and make me wait forever!" Jacob whined. I looked to Michael for backup but was deserted on the battlefield.

  "How do you think I feel? I woke up to her cooking it! So I was up longer!" Michael whined back. Et tu Brutus? I set Alyssa down in her high chair givinng them both the stink eye. I quickly whipped up a batch of pancakes and was plating it all when I noticed the pile of bacon was notably smaller. I turned to look at the suspects in the bacon heist but they quickly ducked their heads, murmuring something about the weather. Typical. Which is why I make so much bacon. You would think I feed an army. I usually have to make two packages, due to bacon thieves. If I didn't, all there would be by the time breakfast was actually served would be a pitiful two scraps a piece. Yes, I eat a lot more now, bit even before the change a girl needs at leat 3 pieces! I fed my "eggs are for sissies" boys with plates of carby pancakes and greasy goodness. Alyssa digs my basted eggs, so I made her one and fixed her a plate. Putting it in front of Michael with a "feed her or die" look, I made 3 basted eggs for myself. I'm very glad my metabolism has kicked up a notch, as I look at my heaping plate. I sat down in front of the heavenly plate and dug in. Breakfast may be the most important meal of the day, but it's also the most work.