Chapter Twenty-Four

*Chapter Twent-Four*

*Not Edited*

*Victoria P.O.V*

My hands clenched harder on the tray when I heard Damon's conversation. It couldn't be real! Hearing him talk so casually about something like that!

"Alyssa has a mate?" I whispered. Still not processing what I just heard. I was tickled that Damon would refer to her as his daughter. I didn't mean to overhear! Then, those words! A light headed feeling came over me and I nearly dropped the tray of Damon's lunch. Damon's head shifted up immediately at my words. If this wasn't so life altering, his expression of panic might have been comical. Unfortunately, I wasn't in the mood for laughter.

In a daze I walked to his desk, placing the tray safely out of the way. I could hear Damon ending his phone call. I even heard him get up out of his chair. I just couldn't react. Maybe I was afraid to react. How do you handle the idea that a man was the mate of your toddler?

"Alyssa has a mate?" I asked a little louder. I could hear the panic and fear strangling my words. The door was open, so it wasn't soundproof anymore. Screaming would only bring attention I didn't want right now. Damon placed a calming touch on my shoulders. Did he feel them shaking? I felt like an earthquake was going on inside me.

"Victoria, baby, you need to listen. Here me out for a second." Damon soothed. Listen?! I needed to listen?! I turned and pushed him away as hard as I could. For once, my wolf and I were in complete agreement. This was our pup! I didn't realize how strong I had become with our new bond. A bond that felt mighty thin right now. He flew back, hitting the wall with a nasty crack. Sliding down to the ground with a shocked look on his face. It's time he met Mama Bear.

"No! You need to listen! How long?! How long have you known about this?! This is my daughter! She is just a baby!" I yelled out. No longer caring about the level of my voice, or if someone could hear me. I just needed to let this out. I could feel my wolf rising, and I knew that my eyes must have been swirling with her presence. Damon got up slowly from the floor. He walked towards me, his hands raised.

"I know love. I know you're upset. I get it. Let's just talk this out." His eyes were calm and his voice low, a bit of alpha power leaking through. I wasn't having it.

"Upset?! I am more than upset!" I yelled at him. I let him come closer, why I don't know. I just wanted to scream and fight. I needed an outlet for this feeling. He will do.

"I know. We will get through this." His voice came still low. Was he trying to calm me or my wolf?

"How long? How long have you known?" I growled. I had to know. I had to know how long he had lied to me. How long he had kept something this huge from me.

"He told me soon after we met." Damon's eyes widened more as I felt my claws burst from my fingers and he had to have seen my canine's growing. "In all fairness! I was going to tell you! I just...forgot."

"You forgot?! How do you forget something this big!" I moved my arm, wanting to slap those words out of his mouth. As quick as I was, he was quicker and grabbed my wrist before I made contact.

"That's enough Victoria! As alpha you will show me some respect!" He growled, his wolf also peeking through. I ripped my hand from his. I didn't want him touching me.

"Respect is earned Alpha. You spout that word so well. Just like those words of love and promises of devotion! Yet, you would keep this from me! A lie of omission is still a lie! This whole relationship is now built on lies!" I could feel the tears building in my eyes. Damon's face softened in guilt. I pushed him away again. Not as hard as the first time. Just far enough.