Chapter Twenty-One

*Chapter Twenty-One*

*Not Edited*

*Victoria P.O.V*

It has been a week since we have moved in, and things have settled house wise. Jacob seems over the moon with all his new friends, he even likes his new school! Better, he is always outside. He hardly plays his video games anymore, except when he plays with Michael or even Damon. He has taken this very well. I know, I'm as shocked as everyone. Alyssa is also settling well. She adores all her new female fans, and I'm enjoying all the help. I even got to shower during the day! I haven't been able to do that in forever!

Michael, while enjoying all the male bonding time with Damon and "the guys", seems to watch me closely. When I confront him, he just smiles and talks about how lucky he is. While he has told me repeatedly he understands if things go "you know where" with Damon, I wonder if he's searching for signs that my heat is intensifying. Which, it is. Luckily enough, it has been coming when Damon is away, and I'm able to take a cold shower and it seems to go away.

It's not that I don't want to. He is scrumptious. It's just that I'm not sure I'm ready to take this to the next level. I barely know him! A few weeks ago, I didn't know the man existed! I was never the type to jump into that level of intimacy quickly. Though Damon is trying. He carves out a piece of time a few times a day just for me. I understand he is busy, so the fact he sets it aside just to see me is extremely sweet. We sometimes just talked. We talked about anything and everything. I know his favorite color is black. I know his birthday. I know about the time he sweet talked his mom into giving him an extra cookie at lunch. I know his favorite food is all food, though he has a special liking to my lasagna.

I'm learning a lot about him. I know he can be really romantic. Just this morning, during "Luna" time, he took me for a walk in the woods gathering a bunch of wildflowers and presenting me with them like a knight. I also learned he is a fair and kind alpha, everyone loves him. Though he can be ruthless if need be.

So far everything I have learned has caused me to like him more and more. The sweet stolen kisses has also helped. So, what's holding me back? I dont know. Michael is ok with it I think. Damon is more than ok with it. It seems the only thing holding up the happy train is me. That is a depressing thought.

~No more depressing than the fact you haven't claimed your mate, and both of your wolves are getting weaker for it.~ Snow whispered.

'What are you talking about? Is that why you haven't spoken much?!' I asked her. She has been unusually quiet the last few days. Fear thrilled through me at the thought.

~Let the MENSA award go to the brunette.~ I was comforted by her sarcasm. If she was being sarcastic, she was ok. I heard the snort she gave me at my attitude.

~Keep on thinking that. Both of us are getting weaker. You need to finish this. Or I will take over and do it for you. I'm not willing to die or kill someone I care for, for your missish morals. You are a wolf. Your human ideas of morality no longer apply~ With that she was quiet again. Settling somewhere inside me. Was she right? Was I just being missish? Was I killing Blaze and Snow by holding back? Was I willing to risk finding out?

A year ago, after the shifting, I would have given anything to be rid of my wolf, to be human again. Now, the thought of not hearing her sassy comments or sarcastic comebacks saddened me. She has quickly become a part of me, a friend.

~I am a part of you!~ she whispered back, only to disappear into wherever she goes when she hides.

I looked in on the napping Alyssa, and called one of my newest friends.