Chapter 40

Previously
Kazuto POV

"Sit down on the chair, Kirigaya." I let myself sit down as he tells me to do it. "Is there something that you want to talk about ?" I ask him.

"Yes, there is and it's about your graduation."

Present Time
Head Of University's Room
Kazuto POV

"Yes, there is and it fact it's about your graduation." My heart starts to pumping more faster than I could ever imagine, sweats started to dripping from my hair even though the room uses the air conditioner.

I didn't know that much about the HoU (Head Of University) but I only know when he decides to summon one of his students to his room, something big is about to go down and especially my graduation. "Want some tea or water ?" He offers while he's making his tea.

"I-I'll have the tea, sir." I nervously accepted his offer even though my guts tell me not to accept it. He give me the cup of tea that he made by himself. "T-Thank you, sir." He smiles then sit down on his chair and facing towards me.

"So, Kirigaya." Here we go. "You know about the main reasons why I called here, yes ?" He asked.

"Y-yes." I said yes while nodding nervously. "No need to be so nervous, you're not in trouble or anything that will causing to slow down your graduation." Oh thank god, now my heart starts to slow down and also my sweats stopped from dropping.

"I'm very impressed, like very impressed about what your ambitions on your projects. I'd have never seen any students in my period of time to do this much progress in a such short time, like what was it about 6 months, I believe that you finished your project If I'm correct ?"

"6 and ½ months to be exact, sir." I sip on the tea because my throat is getting dry. "Right, thank you for correcting me. As I say, you're one of the most ambitious student in my period and I'd like you to stay here, continue your massive project with other people to open collaborations that you can make yourself some reputations."

"That's- I-I can't say anything actually, I'm speechless about this whole idea sort of thing..." I stay silence for a little thinking about the idea staying here, but when I was in deep of thinking her face suddenly showed up. I can't just stay here and forget our promises back home but it's also a big opportunity that I can't just deny here. "So, what's the answer of it Kirigaya ?" He asks about my answer.

"The thing is that... I can't." The HoU face turns from exited to disappointed in just a fraction of seconds. "What's the reason that you can't take this opportunity Kirigaya ?" He asks.

"I-I have promises that I needed to be made back at my home, well not my home in here what I mean is back at Japan." I let a big sigh while looking at him with a curious face on me.

"I've made promise towards my aunt and my sister that after I graduated, I go back home and live a life back there and also I've made a promise to a special person that I couldn't even break the promises because promises are meant to be made not to broken." I stayed silent after that and he also stayed silent only the sounds of the clock ticking and my breathing.

"I see how it is, Kirigaya." He stands up and he pointed politely to the door. "You may exited my room, thank you for the time, Kirigaya." Well I suppose that my door to graduate faster seems to be close.

"Thank you for having me here." I lightly bow to him for respect then leave the room after it. When I exited the door, I see Mr. Petterson sitting in the waiting room. "How's the meeting ?" He asks.

"I wouldn't say that it's great and I'll leave now." I urge myself not to let out any single of tear coming down from my eyes. Easy Kazuto, you don't want to reveal yourself that you're a cry baby now. I walk alone as I used to be to my apartment, to let all of my emotions flow out of my body.