Chapter 15

Thursday, 22th April 2026

Tokai University Hospital 

Asuna POV

I've been crying for 30 minutes straight thinking that Kirito might not survive from his injury, minutes go by but still there's no doctor that came out from the door. It's my fault that I love him, if I didn't get closer and fall in love with him he might not be here.

Then 2 girls, 1 is an early 40 year old lady and the other I already know that she is Sugu from Aincradz. "Sorry miss do you know where is the emergency department located at ?" 

"It's that door." I point at the entrance door of the emergency department.

"Who are you waiting miss ?" Sugu ask me. "I'm waiting for someone." I replied.

"Is the someone apparently to be Kazuto Kirigaya ?"

"Y-yes it's Kazuto ma'am." I answer the question nervously because I didn't know them pretty well.

"Oh I see, my name is Midori, Kazuto's aunt and she is my daughter, Sugu. So what's your name miss ?" I look at their faces and they're resemble of Kazuto face a bit.

"My name is Asuna Yuuki, it's nice to meet you." I smile and shake their hand. "Asuna can I ask you something between you and Kazuto ?" Midori ask very curiously.

"Bet-between me and Kazuto ?" I stutter from hearing the question. "Yeah, it seems that Kazuto always tell us story about someone he love, it's strange because the last time he is in love with someone. He isn't like that." Midori added.

"We-well it's kinda a long story, but for short that I'm his g-girlfriend." I answer stuttering because it's very embarrassing to first time meeting his family.

"Well that's explain why." Sugu smile and she hold both of my hand. "Please take care oniichan, I'm begging you." Sugu plead.

"I will take care of him, don't worry." I assuring Sugu and Midori that he will be in safe hands.

We talk more about Kazuto's and some of how he asked me to be his girlfriend. We laugh a lot and I enjoy it they are so open for conversation.

About 45 minutes later or so, a doctor came from the door. "You're here for Mr. Kazuto Kirigaya ?" The doctor ask us.

"Yes, I'm his aunt. How is his condition right now ?" Midori ask the doctor about Kazuto's condition.

"He is doing alright and improving to be a lot better." The doctor explained in simple terms.

"But the thing is that he hasn't wake up yet, maybe a visit will make him wake up."

Midori and Sugu nodded of the doctor explanation. "Asuna you want to see him right ?" Sugu offer me but it doesn't feel right for me to go with them.

"You may go first, you're his family. I'll be waiting outside here." I declined politely. "But we already considered you as a part of the family. Come on Asuna no need to be embarrassed." Midori drag me to Kazuto's room.

We entered the room and seeing that Kazuto is still sleeping peacefully, I smile by the look of his sleeping face. He looks very innocent and defenseless, still didn't believe that he is a 17 year old.

We stayed at the room for an hour while waiting Kazuto to wake up but he still doesn't wake up. I feel more anxious that he might not wake up for a while.

"Asuna, we're going home. You should also go home too, your family might be looking for you." Midori and Sugu about to go home.

"I'll stay here for a little more." I look at Kazuto face and I feel sad about it.

"It's alright we don't mind. Well see you again Asuna." Midori and Sugu exit the room.

I come closer to Kirito body sleep and my tears start to flow from my eyes. I hold his hand begging him to wake up. "Kirito, please wake up. I miss you a lot, I miss your smile, your laugh, and more that I can't describe. So please wake up, I love you Kirito and I know that you love me too."

I close my eyes and hold Kirito hand very tightly.

Kazuto POV

"Wha-what happened ?" I open my eyes slowly and see myself at a hospital.

"How do I get here ?" I try to remember how do I even get here while I'm trying to remember my left hand is kinda heavy.

I look into my left arm and see a beautiful girl that I love is sleeping. I brush her hair and call her name. "Asuna wake up."

She didn't wake up maybe with her nickname this time "Wake up my sunshine." She finally wake up with a drool from her mouth.

She wipe it and look to my face. She's been crying a lot, I feel bad about it. "Sorry Asuna, I was enjoying my- whoa!" She immediately hug me very tightly.

"Kirito you're awake." She is sobbing at every word that she says. I hug her back while brushing her hair, she is still crying on my shoulder.

I lifted her face and wiped her tears. "Come on now my sunshine doesn't cry. She is always smile very lovingly." She wiped remaining tears and then smile.

"Now there's my sunshine." I smile at her and she laugh, I miss her laugh. "How's your wound Kirito ?" She ask

"It's not that bad anymore. Don't worry about it." I replied while trying to keep her calm.

She look down like she felt guilty or something. "I'm sorry Kirito-kun." I don't really know why she apologizing me it should be me.

"For what Asuna ?" I ask her while still confuse. "I should *sob* stay away from *sob* you. I've put *sob* a lot of trouble, I don't *sob* want you to get hurt." She explain while crying.

I hold both of her shoulder and I pressed my lips against her. She was shocked at first but she kissed me back. I let go from the kiss as we need air.

"I don't care Asuna. My feelings towards you will and always love you. I can't change that." I smile at her and she start to wipe her tears and smile.

"I know you always love me but I'm just at my highest level of concern towards you." She explain to me.

"Asuna don't worry about it. I can handle it for you, Asuna I love you and always until the end." I kiss her on the lips.

"I love you too Kirito and always until the end." She kiss me and I kiss her back. "I'm sorry Kirito, I need to go home it's getting late." She is gonna go home which is pretty sad for me, I need her to recover more quickly.

"You can sleep here with me." I whisper the last sentences because I'm kinda embarrassed to ask her that. "I wish I could but tommorow is still school day Kirito. I'm sorry maybe next time."

"Yeah it's alright Asuna." I'm kinda upset about it. "It's alright I can come here tomorrow after school don't worry." Asuna assure me.

"Well I'll be waiting then." I smile at her, she pick up her bag as she was about to exit the room she came back to me.

She kiss my cheek and say goodnight.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm changing my upload schedule because school is coming this Monday and I kinda hate it.

This time I'll try to upload every Wednesday, Friday and Saturday. I hope you guys can wait a bit.

Anyway SAO WoU Part 2 already came up and I'm gonna watch it after publishing this story. I see you guys at the next chapter.

- Garry