15

No ones pov

3 more days

The couple had mostly spent their days relaxing together. They would go on dates around the forest, as Dipper still had anxiety about running into his family in town.
The two were also happy just staying in and doing nothing together. Within the 3 days they had done many things, some more intimate than others, but no matter what it was both were happy, content to stay like they were forever.
For both boys, it felt as if there wasn't enough time, neither wanted Dipper to go back but both knew it had to happen eventually.
As for keeping contact with the Pines, Dipper would receive texts every now and then, but would take hours to respond, as he would analyze every word and overthink what he would say.
Bill didn't like that his Pinetree would receive such fake texts, or that he would even respond. He knew it hurt Dipper, but he couldn't get in between him and his family like that.
Bill had full intentions to try everything to convince Dipper not to go. He didn't care if it was the right thing for him to leave, he knew something bad would happen.
So when Dipper suggested that he go home early for one day, make it clear to his family he just wants to live with Will, and come back right away, Bill wasn't exactly having it.

"Are you crazy Pinetree? They know who I am! If you go back they won't let you leave." Bill half-yelled.
"I-I know, but they also must know that I know its you, so maybe they'll respect my wishes of staying with you since it means they won't have to deal with me anymore." Dipper countered.
Bill sighed, hating that his Pinetree even thought about such things.
"Pinetree... they're obviously trying to get you back for reasons that neither of us know, but we know it involves us because I can't get into their minds anymore. They put the barrier back up around the shack, they know I'm here and although you have the charm, they're trying to get you out of reach from me." Dipper was about to speak before stopping, rethinking what he would say next.
"Th-thats not the point, I have your charm, you said it yourself- not even the barrier can stop it." He once again stopped before continuing. "I-i'll be fine Bill, they're my family. I don't know what they want, but they would never hurt me." Bill gave him a really look.
"Physically I mean." He corrected himself.
Bill didn't know what to do, on the one hand; Dipper needed this. On the other hand; he needed his Pinetree.
Dipper walked towards Bill, as they were on opposite sides of the living room.
"I have to do this Bill..." he mumbled, and saying those words sparked something in Bill, something bad.
Pinetree didn't have to go, he's just choosing to, because no after how badly they treat him, his family will always be more important. And although that statement wasn't true, its what Bill believed, and he stuck to it.
As Dipper went to hug Bill, he moved away, not accepting any comfort from Pinetree.
"Bill?" He quietly asked, slightly hurt.
"If you want to go so badly then just go Dipper, its pretty obvious who's more important to you." Bill snapped, so coldly it made Dipper slightly jump back in shock.
Dipper didn't move, he just stood there, staring wide eyed at Bill, hurt and confusion obvious in his eyes.
Bill looked back at Dipper harshly, but seeing Dipper look so sad caused his expression to slightly waver, before regaining his composure and returning to his glare.
"You heard me didn't you? Go ahead and go back to them, and take your time coming back while you're at it..."
no amount of words could describe the pain they both felt hearing what Bill said. All he wanted to do was take it back, but he couldn't, and all Dipper wanted was to know he didn't mean it. But it seems he did.
Dipper nodded in understanding, before leaving to thei- Bill's room, and gathering his stuff.

As he was packing his last shirt, he looked over at the small desk in the corner of the room, full of books and papers all belonging to Dipper. He also saw the first hoodie Bill had given him, and decided it would probably be best to leave it... but Dipper still took it.
Before exiting the room, he looked in the mirror, seeing the fresh tears that he didn't know he had roll down his cheeks, and one fall on the barely visible chain holding the charm around his neck.
Dipper pulled out the charm from under his shirt, rubbing his fingers over the small triangular object. he sighed before hiding it again and exiting out of the room.