8

The Doritos pov

When I woke up I still felt pretty exhausted but well enough to walk Pinetree home, not that I want to. Maybe I could just pretend I'm too weak and he'll stay here longer?
I mean his family was so terrible to him why would he even want to go back? No, he wants to talk to them and he has every right to, I just hope they don't come in between me and my Pinetree.
I tried to get up only to find Pinetree asleep on top of me. So cute. I didn't want to wake him up but I want to make him some breakfast, seeing as it's only 9am. I've gotten pretty good at cooking so maybe I can make him some pancakes with fruit on the side? Ya that would work. I can't wait to see the surprised look on his face.
I quickly but carefully moved out of his hold and stood up, he stirred a bit but overall stayed asleep. I put a blanket over him and headed towards the kitchen to start his breakfast.

Time skip

After burning the first few pancakes and accidentally cutting my finger on the knife while cutting the fruit, I finally had Pinetree's breakfast ready. I set it all on a plate and put it on the coffee table in front of the couch so he could wake up to the smell of pancakes. I left to get an extra blanket so he could eat and we could cuddle and watch movies until we were both strong enough for the long walk ahead of us. Yes, I healed Pinetree's leg but he can't just perfectly use it right away it still takes some time... At least that's what I plan on telling him.
When I came back I saw a confused but happy Pinetree staring at the pancakes, he didn't seem to notice me entering until I sat down next to him. He jumped slightly before looking at me, but immediately blushed when he did.
"Aare these pancakes for me?" He asked in such a quiet and innocent voice I almost awed.
"Of course Pinetree! It's breakfast in- well, I guess on the couch and not in bed." I chuckled nervously, why was I nervous?
"A-anyways" since when do I stutter? "I thought that maybe while we both get our energies up we watch a movie, and you can eat breakfast, Y'know just a quiet morning..." I still sounded nervous, I felt nervous. What if I read the whole situation wrong? I looked at him to say something else before he tackled me in a hug, I almost fell off the couch.
"Thank you Bill." He whispered
"The-they're just pancakes Pinetree..." Was making breakfast for someone that important to humans? He laughed before speaking.
"No I mean... for everything you've done for me, it's only been a day and you've already made me feel happier than I've been since my parents died. You make me feel like I'm actually wanted somewhere..."
We only hugged each other tighter. I spoke to him in his mind-
You're always wanted here, I love you.
I know he's not going to say it back, but I just want him to know it.
He responded
This talking through minds thing is kinda of cool, can we talk even if we're not with each other?
He wants to talk to me even when he's not here!
"Magic involving the mind is pretty easy for me, so I think I could handle talking to you even when you're at the shack." He smiled brightly and quickly got up to sit on the couch.
"Good, even when I'm not with you I still want a connection, in case we need it." I smiled back as I got the blanket and handed him his pancakes. I picked up the remote and turned on the tv.
"Anything you want to watch Pinetree?" He thought for a moment before answering.
"Have you heard of Star vs. the forces of evil?" My face lit up.
"Of course I have! Who hasn't?! I live for tomco!!"
"What?! No it's starco for life!"
"Oh what so you don't think the demon and the human should get together in the show?" I smirked as he started blushing as realization hit him.
"I don't know... maybe?" Again, so cute. I just laughed and started the show.
"Blood moon episode?" He asked sweetly.
"Of course, love. Whatever you want" He blushed again, not that it went away last time. It's cute how I can make his skin change to a completely different shade just with a few words.
"Are you just gonna keep staring at me weirdo?" Was I staring for that long?
"Wh-what? N-no shut up. Eat your breakfast Pinetree." Damn I sound so nervous, stupid stutter. He laughed his adorable laugh and snuggled close to me while the show started.