13

Dippers pov

It was no surprise that I immediately got a cold from running around in the rain.
"Achoo! B-Bill why are you not s-sick?" I was a sniffling sneezing mess.
He smiled down at me as he picked me up and carried me to his room. "I'm not really human remember? I could technically still get sick but not from something as little as a cold from the rain." He explained as he laid me down on the bed and tucked me in. He kissed my forehead where my birthmark was and turned to leave.
"Wh-where are you going? *sniffle*" He turned to face me again and knelt down next to the bed and started running his fingers through my hair, it felt nice.
"I'm going to make you some soup and tea to make you feel better, I'll be back in a few minutes, I promise." He told me reassuringly.
I put on my best pout and gently grabbed his arm slightly pulling him closer. "You already make me feel better by being with me, pleeeaassee stay? I can eat later." I pulled out the puppy dog eyes, he shook his head smiling, finally agreeing and laying down next to me pulling me closer to him by my waist. He snuggled his head into my hair while mine went into his chest.
"I love you so much Pinetree, don't ever forget that." I smiled into his chest as he whispered those words into my ear, so only I could hear it.
"I won't ever forget. I love you too." He sighed contently before moving impossibly closer.
"You're not actually tired are you Pinetree?" He asked, smile clear in his voice, I guess he was reading my mind because truthfully I wasn't that tired. I shook my head no, he chuckled and snapped his fingers, making one of my unread mystery books appear in his hand. He sat up and placed me on his lap, leaning on my shoulder as he handed me the book.
"Read to me?" He asked quietly, his eyes closed as he still leaned on me, arms around my waist. I kissed the part of his forehead I could reach and he happily hummed and smiled, and with that I opened the book and began reading.

Time skip to middle of book

"Hey Bill, you wanna go get some food or something?" He opened his eyes and sat his head up. I had been reading for about an hour and he hadn't moved from his position on my shoulder at all, I'm surprised he didn't fall asleep.
"Are you feeling better? I could still just make you some soup." I was feeling a little better, but I didn't feel like soup.
"I feel better than I did earlier and that's all that matters. The rain outside stopped and I feel like pancakes and a milkshake, can we go to Greasy's diner?" I asked hopefully. I sounded like a little kid begging his parents for ice cream. He thought about it for a moment, staying quiet the entire time. I spoke again.
"Have you ever even been to the diner?" He looked up and shook his head.
"I've never really been in the town at all, I mean what if someone recognized me? I turned all of them to stone and tried to take over the world. I'm pretty sure they wouldn't want that guy walking around their town." He looked up at me with a sad look before looking down again.
"Bill... you're not that guy anymore, you're good now, and you just need to show that to them. Besides, that was years ago and you're in human form now, no one will recognize you and even if they did, we have the "forget about all that" law that mayor Tyler made. You'll be fine, and you'll thank me when you try the pancakes at the diner." He gave a half smile and I pecked his lips, getting off of him and into his closet to pick out some clothes.
"Pinetree it's almost sunset, I'm pretty sure the diner is closed by now?" He yelled as I was changing in the closet.
"They're open really late, they get good business anytime after 7 because teenagers hang out there when they sneak out. And besides it's only 7:30, we could be there by 8 if we hurry." He hummed in response and I finished getting dressed. I wore light blue jeans and a plain black t-shirt that was a little too big for me but still looked good. I also had my black converse. When I came out Bill was already dressed in dark blue jeans, a yellow shirt with a black outline of a triangle on the front and yellow converse. He was looking at the back of my book when I came in, and as soon as he heard me he turned to look up and smiled at me, but I could still tell he was a little nervous.
"Ready?" I asked, he put my book down and nodded, standing up a little reluctantly and we headed for the door.
"You know we can't hide in the woods forever right?" I asked. I understand he's nervous about going into town, but it's better to do it now since we're together.
"I don't know, I've been here 4 years and I've never found myself needing to be around other people, that is until I met you, but I like just being around you." He smirked as I blushed at his words and looked down. He opened the door and we were greeted with the warm summer evening of Gravity Falls.
"We have all the time in the world for it to just be us, you can handle a few hours in town with other "meatstacks", and if it makes you feel better I won't leave your side for one second." I looked up at him to see he had a sad look on his face, why was he sad?
"Hey Bill, you okay?" He seemed to snap out of his thoughts and put on an obviously fake smile.
"Of course Pinetree, never been better." He "smiled" a little brighter to try and sell what I could obviously tell was a lie, but I decided not to push it, it was probably just nerves from having to go into town.
Probably...