Chapter 8 - Krystal

December 17

*Preston's P.O.V.*

I have been terrible since Sunday and Emma and Lachlan are starting to worry about me. When I go to school and see Brandon and Sarah it breaks my heart all over. I've decided I'm not going to the dance. It'll just be torture for me, seeing Sarah and Brandon dancing, that should be me! I have starting to listen to Pierce the Veil and it seems to help like Emma said.

This morning I get up and take a shower I get dressed and I head to school on my way I put on Pierce the Veil. Then I remembered what Emma said about her channel which I still haven't subscribed. I took out my phone and subscribed and put on the first song she posted. It was Weightless by a band called All Time Low. She has the acoustic version behind her voice.

I listen to the lyrics and the song ends. I listen to the rest and get to school. As I walk in I'm 5 minuets later than i usually am and find Lachlan standing with Alex, Max, Emma and a girl with hair died red but underneath its black. "Hey, who's this?" I ask Emma. "This is my friend Krystal she just moved here and I thought she could hang with us." she says. "Preston" I say and shake her hand and the bell rings.

It turns out she had a lot of classes with me. As we were walking to lunch she asked me "Are you going to the Winter Formal?". I think about it "I wasn't planning on it I just found out my girlfriend cheated on me, big time." I say. "Oh, who is she." she asks. I forgot that Krystal knew Emma before and I say "Emma's sister Sarah". "Oh my god, why would my old BFF do that she's always been so nice." she says confused. "She's changed." I say and sit down at our table.

*Krystal's P.O.V.*

I can't believe that Sarah would do that! I mean she's boy crazy but she always cared. I was lost in thought when Emma came over and sat down. "Preston, why didn't you wait for me in the art room?" she asked annoyed. "Sorry, I walked with Krystal." he said looking guilty. We all ate and Max, Lachlan, and Alex came over. Max sat next to me and Alex sat across from him, and Lachlan sat across from Preston and Emma sat between Alex and Lachlan across from me.

"So, Krystal you going to the dance?" Alex asks, taking a bite of an apple. "No, I don't have a date" I say looking at whatever this mystery meat is. "Hey, I'll go with you" a voice said next to me, it was Preston. "Thank you" I said and ate the rest of my lunch.

In English I was sitting next to Alex and she kept on bugging me about what I was gonna wear to the dance. "Come, on I have the perfect dress!" she said after I refused to borrow one. "No, I don't need your handouts" I said "I'm not playing How To Take Handouts". "Please it would look sooooo good on you" she said. After 10 minuets of her pestering me I gave in. "Yay, meet me at Emma's after school at 4:30" she said and the bell rings.

*Time Skip to 4:30 cuz Merome*

*Emma's P.O.V.*

I hear the door bell ring and I open it to find Krystal, with Alex running up behind her. I let them in and before I could say anything, Alex had us both by the wrists and mine had a bag against it. "What is going on!" I say as she drags both of us into my room "I did not get the memo." I say. "Sorry, I want Krystal to try out this dress and well I wanted to listen to you sing too." she says.

"Wait Emma you sing now?" Krystal asks confused. "Yeah, I have a YouTube channel" I say pointing to my expensive voice recording gear. We talk and Krystal trys on the dress. It was Dark Blue and in white it had birds flying around and up the dress. It was knee length and looked beautiful on her.

After she decided to borrow the dress she begs me to sing "Please , for me" she begs putting on pupy dog eyes. I nod and set up the stuff as Alex and Krystal argue over what I should sing. "but I want her to sing Blank Space" Krystal says and I turn around and look at Alex. We both burst out laughing.