Chapter 20 - Valentines Day

February 14

Emma's P.O.V.

I wake up, getting ready for school, I pull on a white shirt, black vest and black jeans, Sarah is dressing up and said I couldn't wear a band tee. Lachlan is taking me to dinner so I don't bring his present. I go down and Sarah is in a nice pink dress, she looks at me and says "Is that as nice as your going?" I nod. We eat and leave with Lachlan and Preston. Lachlan gives me a bouquet of black roses.

I smile and once were out of the crowded car I kiss him and say "Thank you for the flowers and thank you for making them black" he smiles and says "It's not your only present, and I knew you wouldn't want red or pink." the school day was full of pink and red, me with my black roses and black vest was the oddball.

After school I go home and do my homework. At around 6 I stop and shower, then get dressed in a white dress that I have long outgrown, with some black leggings underneath, as girly as I'm going, I wear my hair down and have a white headband through it. I grab a small wrapped box that contains some pictures from the last couple of months, along with some albums Lachlan wanted.
I pull on a black jacket and my combat boots.

I wait until I hear a knock on the door and there Lachlan stands in dress pants a button up white shirt and dress shoes. I smile and he says "You look beautiful" I blush and say "Thank you, your looking quite good as well" he smiles and grabs my hand. He looks at his feet and we walk away from my door after I close it. We get to a car which has Brian and his girlfriend Jade in it. I smile and look at my feet the entire ride.

They drop us off at a nice restaurant and Lachlan brings us to a table with a little sign that says 'Table for Power'. We sit and eat dinner not very eventful. After eating we walk over to the park by his house, we go over to the little stream and I smile and say "Lachlan? Where are you" I look over to where he was. I feel arms snake around my waist and I jump. I look up and see Lachlan smiling down at me. I kiss him and hand him the box.

He opens it and says "My favorite part are the pictures of you" I blush and say "It's all of the photo's with everyone I've taken. He pulls out one and it's of our first kiss I smile and say, "Thank Alex for that" He pulls out a small box and opens it showing me whats inside. It was a necklace with a metal heart and on the back, engraved was 9/7 the day we met.

I gasp "It's beautiful" I say. He goes behind me and puts it on saying "for a beautiful girl" I smile and we walk around for the rest of the night, enjoying each other's company.

<3 DarkStar