Chapter 6.5 - School

A/N I know I said Winter Formal but.... I thought a chapter about school was long overdue I mean the books called Freshmen Year!

December 1st (I know, whoa Long gap, don't worry I'll explain what happened KK?, KK.)

^_^ <3 DarkStar

___________________________________________________________________

~Emma's P.O.V.~

So the past month I've uploaded 4 covers, one per week, to my channel I have 20 subscribers but I'm amazed that I have that many. All 4 songs were Paramore because they're awesome. Anyways Sarah and Preston are still going steady, and Lachlan and I aren't dating, I've grown farther apart from my sister and miss her but she's got Sam and Lilly. I have grown closer to Preston and Lachlan and made friends with their friend Rob over the amazing interwebs.

I walk into school wearing jeans with holes in them exposing skin, and a Paramore shirt. "Hey" I say walking up to Lachlan and Preston "How's Rob haven't talked to him in a while". "He's fine, still his prickly old jobless cactus self" Preston replies. I smile and the bell rings, I walk to first period.

I take my seat next to Sarah and take out the homework. After we get through the warm up Mrs. Adams says something that grabs my attention. "We will be combining with Mr. Even's class for a four person group project. Each group must have at least one girl, and at least one boy." she says with some people saying yay and some groaning. "We are heading out to the courtyard to meet up with Mr. Even's class, each group must have two from each class."

We head out and she tells us to find our partners. I immediately head to Lachlan and Preston. "Hey, wanna do this together?" I ask. "Yeah, but we need one more person, where's Sarah?" Preston asks. I turn around to see Sarah, Lilly, and Sam wandering around looking for a boy. Her eyes lands on us and she comes over.

"Hey" she says to Preston practically ignoring me and Lachlan. Ever since she got me that YouTube account Sam and Lilly have taken over her life changing her from my sister, who I grew up with, to a snob, a total stranger. "Preston wanna join my group?" she says kissing him. "Sorry, but I'm working with Em and Lachlan." he says. "So you mean to tell me your chooseing your friend and MY sister over Your girlfriend of 3 months?!" she says raiseing her voice. "Yes, now I've made my choice." Preston said.

With that she turns around whacking him in the face with her hair storming off to find someone to join her group. We grab Lachlan's friend Max who is in my class and sit down in a group. When times up Sarah's still standing and a boy across the class is too they group up and sit together. Mrs. Adams, then, instructs us on the project.

"For this project you will be reading a play then acting out the scene for us the best from each period will move on to the next stage. The ultimate winners get a free day off of school without an absence. You will perform on Febuary 1st so you have two months to prepare." she explains the rest then hands out the plays of corse we want to win and lucky us we get Romeo and Juliet (note sarcasm). As soon as I get the paper I groan.

"Why me" I say "It's gonna be so weird kissing one of you". All of them look at eachother and point at one another saying "He's Romeo". Preston is pointing at Lachlan, Max is pointing at Preston, and Lachlan is pointing at Max. "I think I'll decide" I say trying not to laugh as the boys argue over who's Romeo. I check the play and groan again to see there is a kiss. "What is it now?" Preston asks. "I was joking about the whole kissing thing but there's a kiss in it!" I say. "Well have fun kissing Lachlan, cus I don't think Sarah will want me to kiss you. And Max has a girlfriend too" he says.

I look over at Lachlan and butterflys fly through me. "I guess we're stuck" I say happy, nervous and excited. I'm going to kiss the boy I like! What if I'm a bad kisser? I've never kissed anyone before. If we win I'll have to kiss him again for the second show. I'm snapped out of my thoughts by Mr. Evens "The winners will also be in the school production of Romeo and Juliet in May." he says. With that the bell rings and Me and Lachlan head to math.

"So, I guess we're kissing." he says looking embarased. "Yeah" I say blushing. "Well I wanna ask you something," he says nervously. "Yeah anything" I say literally praying he asks me to the winter formal. "Will you go to Winter Formal with me?" were at the door of the classroom and were early "of corse I say hugging him blushing. Then we go inside. We pass up the homework and take notes on the lesson and my sisster keeps bugging me.

E-Emma

S-Sarah

S: What play did you get

E: Romeo and Juliet, You?

S: Same, who's Romeo

E: Lachlan who's Juliet?

S: Sam, Do you have a date to the dance?

E: Yes

S: OMG, who

E: Lac-

S: I knew it

With that the bell rings and I grab my stuff and race out of there to Art. When I get in I take a seat next to Preston. It's Thursday so its doodle day all you get is a plain sheet of notebook paper and a pencil and you get to draw whatever you want. Preston next to me is drawing a bird on a tree branch. I look down at my paper an before I even think about it I draw what comes to mind.

I'm halfway through my drawing when Preston asks "What is it?". I look down and reply "a girl and a boy holding hands". He looks at the drawing, which remember is halfway done and asks. "Who are they?" he asks and I reply "I don't know". We stay silent for the rest of the period until I'm done. "Okay everyone sign and pass up your papers" Mrs. thursby, the art teacher says. I pass my paper up and she sorts through them pulling out the top three.

"Number three this week is Preston's drawing of a bird" she says "Number two is Sam's drawing of a sunset, and number one is Emma's drawing of a boy and girl holding hands." everyone looks up and I realize who I drew and so does Preston. It was me and Lachlan from behind holding hands while walking. On our way to lunch he asks me "why did you draw you and Lachlan?". I reply "it's what first popped into my head I guess."

At lunch we all eat and Max and his girlfriend Alexis sit with us, me and Alexis talk while the boys go on about COD. "So I hear you and Lachlan are Romeo and Juliet for your play" she says sparking up a conversation. "Yeah and after he asked me to the dance" I say. She gasps and says "No Way! Max says Lachlan likes you but won't make a move but he finally made a move!" she says.

We talked for the rest of lunch then me and Lachlan walked to the locker rooms together holding hands. During P.E. we were playing basketball, 2 on 2. I teamed up with Lachlan and we played against Sam and the boy from English who joined their group. We beat them 7 to 6 and we played fair and square.

I was changing out of my gym clothes in the locker room when Sam came up to me "Hey Slut, you paying Lachlan to go to the dance with you? I mean it's bad enough he has to kiss you but being seen outside of a play with you that must be embarrassing." with that she pushed me into my open locker door giving me a bruise on the lower back. Then she left like nothing happened and every girl who noticed turned a blind eye.

I left the locker room and headed to history thinking about what Sam had said. I am NOT a slut and Lachlan likes me, like for real likes me and didn't ask me to the dance as a prank right? RIGHT!!! I walk into History and take my seat in a very... Unpleasant mood. After I leave history I go straight to science and put down my bag.

I fall back in my chair and wince and yelp out in pain. "What's wrong" Lachlan says. I point to my back and he pulls up the back of my shirt just enough to reveal a bruise from when Sam pushed me. "How did you get that?" he asks but I stay silent the entire period and before he can catch me I'm out of there on my skate board on my way home.