Chapter 2 - The First Day

• Dedicated to Lachlan because hes awsome

EDITED

September 7th

Emma's P.O.V.

I'm starting high school today. No big deal. Just a bunch of people I don't know surrounding me as I wonder around with Sarah. I'm repeating this over and over in my head as I lay in bed at 6 in the morning. I have to board to school so I better get up.

As I slowly get up I grab my towel and get an AllTimeLow t-shirt from my drawer and some jeans and underwear. I go to the bathroom I share with Sarah and get in the shower. I get out at about 6:30 and get dressed, wash my face brush my teeth and blow dry and put my hair in a ponytail. I bang on Sarah's door and yell "get up your lazy ass and get ready for school".

All I hear in return is a groan and a small thud signaling she fell out of bed. Ever since we moved to Australia that's what she does to wake up. I walk downstairs and eat some cereal while checking my phone. I see I have a text from my mom and it says "me and your father are at work get to school on time." and that was from 5 am. They're crazy. As I finish eating Sarah stumbles downstairs in socks a Power Moves Only (No idea what that is) t-shirt and jeans with her hair curled and down.

"Hey" I say without looking up from my phone. "good morning" she says popping a pop tart in the toaster. I clean my dishes as she starts to eat and pull on my black hightop vans and grab my vans hoodie. Since I ride my skateboard to school i leave 10 minuets before she does. I check my phone and it says its 7:15 and I want some time before the bell rings I decide to leave.

I grab my favorite board and my backpack and scream "Bye!!!" and shut the door behind me. I plug in my head phones and start my AllTimeLow playlist and head to school

*Time Skip to 7:45*

As I skate up to the school I see tuns of kids there already and get nervous. I wait a few more minuets and Sarah Shows up looking as perfect as ever. We talk as we walk into school dropping off her bike and my board at the bike cage. "So do you think there are any cute boys around?" she says scanning the area with her eyes. "No, Sarah I'm not boy crazy like you." Ever since dating Alex Z. In our 7th grade English class she has been obsessed with boys. I have never had a boyfriend let alone a kiss.

Sarah's P.O.V.

I scan around and my eyes land on this boy who has brown hair and looks really hot. I faintly hear Emma say something about me being boy crazy but ignore it. As in staring at this boy I see Emma's hand waving in front of my face knocking some sense back into me. I look at her and she starts to say "Earth to Sarah who were yo-" but gets cut off by me saying "come on I wanna meet that cute boy" I half guide half drag her over to him and a blond boy.

"hi" i say grabbing their attention. The hot boy introduces himself and his friend "Hi, my name is Preston and my friend here is Lachlan, and you are" I smile and Emma sort of just stands there on her phone and so does Lachlan. "I'm Sarah and My friend here is Emma. I noticed that you don't have an accent, why?". Preston replies " I am from Texas but moved here to stay with Lachlan, what about you?"

Before I can reply the bell rings and Lachlan starts dragging him away and Emma does the sane to me. We walk in silence to our first class of the day, English. As were walking I think over what just happened and realize how I started to have feelings for Preston. We walk into class and take our seats.

First, Second and third period go by with the same stuff, talking and handouts by the time we get to lunch I'm starving. We walk into the cafeteria and grab some taco bell because they had it. We're walking around searching for somewhere to sit and I see Preston waving us over to sit with him and Lachlan.

"hey" I say and sit next to Preston. "hi" he replies. Emma says a quiet "hi" and sits next to Lachlan who does the same. "You never answered my question" he says shooting a glare at Lachlan who says "at least I got you to class on time" he says quite loud which surprises me and Emma snickers pulling an apple out of her bag. "Well me and Emma are from California and are sisters but not by blood because we were adopted" I say taking a bite of my taco.

Emma's P.O.V.

I sit there munching on my apple listening to Preston and Sarah talk. I get an idea and take out a sticky note and write "Give me your #" and pass it to Lachlan. The conversation goes like this:

L-Lachlen
E-Emma

L: why?

E: so we can text

L: why?

E: So I can tell you something I don't want them to hear

L: ok give me your phone

I then hand him my phone and he hands me his we both give each other our numbers and I text him.

E: I think Sarah likes Preston

L: well lucky her because Preston wouldn't shut up about her

At this I laugh and Preston and Sarah look at me confused but I just look back at my phone.

E: well we have to team up and get them together

L: Ok, but how?

E: I know Sarah very well and if Preston asks her out with a rose or something she will flip

After he gets the text he laughs and Preston and Sarah look at us weird. "Lachlan what was that about, nothing were talking about is funny." Preston Says. Lachlan looks at me and I kick him under the table. "oh nothing" and he gets up taking his trash and backpack with him, I do the same. We both had P.E. next so we walked to the blacktop together.

*Time Skip to 7th period science*

I get to science a little late and the only seats left are either next to some guy who's half asleep or Lachlan, I chose Lachlan. "hey" i say sitting down next to him. "hey" he says but before I can reply the teacher says "hello my name is Mr. Berk and the person next to you will be your lab and project partner all year.

In my head I'm thinking yay. But then the teacher goes on and on so I end up counting the minuets till class ends. At exactly 3:45 the bell rings and I bolt out of the classroom after saying bye to Lachlan. I meet Sarah at the bike cage and we ride home our conversation goes like this:

E-Emma
S-Sarah

S: I think I like Preston and I don't know if he likes me back! By the way what happened between you and Lachlan?

E: we were texting underneath the table and were laughing at each other

S: oh, whose your science partner (She has Mr. Berk as well)

E: Lachlan

The conversation stayed till we got home with her asking a question and me replying and making comments.

*Time skip to 4:10*

Sarah's P.O.V.

I really like Preston even after one day I do. Anyways we got home had a snack and went to our rooms. I played on my phone while Emma read blasting some Pierce the Veil out of her speakers.

*Time skip again to 6:30*

Mom and dad get home and make dinner. Me and Emma walk downstairs for dinner and say hello to mom. "hey" we say in unison as dad enters the room and we all eat dinner. How was school girls, make any friends?" mom asks before taking a bite of lasagna. "well we met these boys Lachlan and Preston and they seem really nice." I say and dad raises his eyebrows "cough in love cough" Emma says and mom looks at her with a glare and dad smiles at her.

Mom and dad have always favored one of us me for mom because I am always so nice and I'm girly. Dad for Emma because she likes the same music as him and she's like the son he never had. After dinner I went to my room an watched YouTube videos and at 9 I took a shower and went to sleep thinking about Preston.

So guys I would like some feedback I just spent an hour and a half writing this so I hope you like it! Also tell me what I should call you because if I called you Stars I would get called a copy cat. Ugh wattpad messed up my chapter with lines of code and I had to delete it >:(!

<3 DarkStar