Chapter 4 (Invited?)

Demetre's P.O.V

My father has inhabited a new environment for his torturous work. We were going to go to New York , but he wanted to stay... Something about his brothers coming to town. We found an abandoned wearhouse,and that's where he does his 'work.' But we also bought a house, more like a mansion.

I was in my bedroom at the new house. It wasn't like every college kids bedroom. There was barely anything in it, but a bed,a mirror, and a few books sitting on a wooden desk. I went down stairs and went to the kitchen. I opened the fridge and grabbed one of the numerous blood bags sitting in it. When I closed the door my father was standing behind it. It would have scared a normal person, but that I was not.

"Good Morning Father." I smiled and went to grab a glass.

"Morning Demetre." His smile was extremely large, which probably meant that he wanted something.

"What is it father?" As much as i loved games, I did not want to play the guessing one. My father laughed at my response. Yes even though he's evil, he is a pretty great dad.

"Would you be up for a ball tomorrow night?" He sat at the table and gazed at me. I turned around leaning on the counter, with the glass of blood in my hand. As I sipped the blood, I thought of his question.

"A ball? Like a real ball?" I replied back with questions.

"Yes a ball. I know you don't like them but I'm running the idea by you anyway." He said with a grin.

"Father the last ball I went to was centuries ago..." He frowned, I sighed and started to speak. "Fine. If we must. May I ask what for?"

"I was thinking that maybe its time we inroduce your uncles to Scarlett and friends. I look forward to seeing a lovely young girl with you." And with that my father was gone. Great a ball, I always hated those. I don't play well with others,I never have.

Carter walked into the kitchen. I almost forgot that he lived with us now. He walked to the fridge and grabbed a bag of blood. He grabbed a glass and glared at me.

"How was the party?" I asked making his eyes open with shock.

"It was.. How should I put it... Unique." He asked with more of a question.

"Did you do what Uncle Samuel said?" I asked a little concerned. Carter started to smile slightly.

"Definitely. I may have mixed business with pleasure."

"Sounds intriguing. I hope to hear about it later. Its good to have you around Cus." I left the room and went back to my bedroom. I changed into blue jeans, and red flanel. I left the house seeking to find clothes for this ball tomorrow night.

Scar's P.O.V

Kim had left a few minutes ago, now it was just Jessy, and I. I have no idea where Caleb and Lilly were. Jessy and I were sitting on the couch watching TV, and making out a little, when the door bell rang.

"Door." Jessy and I said at the same time. We all know who was going to lose that fight.

"I'll get it." Jessy sighed and got up. Not long after he prounced back into the living room with a medium sized envelope in his hand.

"Who was it?" I spoke as he sat beside me on the couch. I pointed to the envelope next... "What's that?"

"No one was at the door, and this was kinda just sitting on the floor." I looked at the envelope Jessy was holding in his hand. There was ridiculously fancy hand writing on the card, it said 'To: Scarlett McDonald, Lilly Jay Jenson, Caleb Tamper, and Jessy Franks.' My only reaction was to rip the card out of Jessy's hands, and tear it open... So I did. The envelope was sealed with a red waxed stamp. When I got the envelope open, I pulled out a thick sheet of paper. It had a drawn symbol on the front that looked sort of like a gold rose. I flipped the card and on the back there were words. Before I could read Jessy stanched the paper right out of my grip.