Chapter 5 (The Ball)

Ben's P.O.V

I found myself standing in front of my uncle's, or whatever he is to me, mansion. I walked over to the passenger side of my porshe and opened the door. Karine stepped out in a long, strapless, red gown. At her rib areas there were two fancy slits.

"A little slutish, don't you think Sis?" I asked and smiled knowing that she would have a sassy remark. Karine agreed to come with me tonight because Dad practically forced her to. Karine's eyes narrowed at my statement.

"Oh shut it. Let's get inside before I claw my eyes out. My God, father pushed it." I chuckled and nugded my elbow out towards her, she looked her arm with mine, and we headed inside.

As soon as we walked in to the ball room, a waiter was at our side. He offered champagne, and Karine grabbed two glasses. The waiter left and went to do his business. I reached for one of the glasses but Karine pulled away.

"Hey, these are mine." She spat, and chugged a whole glass to her face.

"Sissy, come on. Its not exactly the type of event for your alcoholic side to come out." I smirked. She shot the second glass back and looked at me.

"You are such a little twit." She walked over to the closest stand and set the empty glasses down. "If you'll excuse me, I'm going to go mingle with some of the meals."

"As long as you keep your fangs out of the humans, then all should be good." I smiled cheekily as she walked away. She throw her hand up, and slightly waved.

"That's very unlikely." I heard her say.

I turned away and started walking through the crowd. From what I could smell most of these people were vampires, or witches, barely any humans. Another waiter passed with champagne, so I made sure to grab one. I seen my father in the distance, talking to some people. I guess he needed to catch up with his old vampire friends. I made my way over to my father, with my alcoholic beverage in my hand. The music that was playing was classical, but I guess since vampires were old it didn't phase them. I finally reach my father and the few people he was talking to. 

"Father." I smiled and nodded at him. He pulled me close and turned me to face his friends.

"This is my son, Benjamin. Benjamin this is Thomas, Jefferson, and Sophia." My father spoke while indicating who each person was. I smiled and shoke each individual's hand.

"Nice to meet you." I bowed. I didn't notice that my gaze had slightly drifted to the door. I seen Ally step in with a long black gown, it made her eyes stand out. Her dark hair was French braided to the side, hanging over her shoulder. A few lose curly strands were by her ear, but it looked great. I realized that I was staring, and that my father was still talking to his 'friends'.

"Excuse me." I smiled and shook my father's fellow acutances' hands. "Father I will see you later." My father nodded and continued his conversation.

I straded across the room to meet Ally in the middle. She was even more stunning up close. I knew that I was checking her out up and down, and so did she. She smiled shyly, and started to talk.

"Stop it."

"Stop what?" I asked.

"Doing that."

"What am I possibly doing?" I chuckled knowing that I was making her feel embraced.

"Stop looking at me like I'm a girl up for grabs." She commented and her shy facial expression evaporated.

"Well aren't you?" I asked a little confused. Ally was definitely the type of girl I would be interested in.

"No. Yes. I don't know." She sighed.