Chapter 7 (cell)

Lilly's P.O.V

I woke up this morning feeling terribly sick. I didn't feel like going to school, maybe I caught something on the walk home with Caleb. That would be very unusual considering vampires don't get sick. Caleb slept in and Scar went to school alone.

I was in the kitchen washing some dishes to kill time. I remembered the strangest thing. Last night I saw someone watching us, and then I couldnt shake the feeling the rest of the way home. It was weird. I even bumped into a few people on the sidewalk because I got startled.

I started coughing uncontrollably. To the point where I had to stop washing the dishes and cover my mouth. I coughed for the last time and felt something liquidity in my palm. I pulled my hand to my eyes, examining the liquid to see what it was... It was thick black fluid, reminding me of ink.

Okay something was definitely up. I did the most logically thing I could think to do. I watched my hands, ran upstairs and got dressed. There it was again the feeling watched. I threw on a grey crew neck, and a pair of jeans. I stormed to my window looking out it. I saw a figure across the street, it was dark, and staring right at me, it was the shape of a girl. Suddenly she just vanished, the intensity of it all caused me to gasp. I looked over to Caleb on the bed, he was still sleeping.

I grabbed a sheet of paper and a pen from my school bag. On it I wrote 'Going out for a bit. Something strange is happening. If you need me, call me. Love you Baby. Sincerely Lilly Jay.' I put the paper on my night stand, right under Caleb's phone.

I ran downstairs and threw on my shows. I grabbed my purse, and struted out the front door. I grab my keys and locked the door behind me, remembering that Jessy, and Caleb were the only ones there. I reached for my phone out my pocket dialing Roy on the way to the car. He answered when I sat in the drivers sit.

"Lilly?" I heard his deep fatherly voice ask.

"We need to meet. Something odd is going on." I said with hostility.

"Okay meet me at the café on the corner of Billy Ave, and Cardinal street." He replied, I could hear the worried tone in his voice.

"I'll be there in ten."

"See you then." His side went dead. I hung up the phone and started my car.

I put the car in reverse, and looked in the rear view mirror. The female male figure was standing right behind my car, nearly pressing up against my truck. The female figure was completely black, like a 3-D shadow. My freaky meter went over the railing when the shadowy figure grew a pair of glowing red dots, where eyes were suppose to be.

I stepped on the gas trying to run the figure over but it just disappeared. I shifted into drive and speeded off to the Café. I sure as hell was not letting that figure get me.

When I got to the café I jogged inside, and saw Roy sitting in a booth alone. I rushed over and sat down hastily. I didn't give him the chance to greet me, I immediately started ranting.

"I felt sick, which is weird because vampires don't get sick. I then remembered that last night someone was watching me. Then this morning I felt it again. I looked out the window and there it was, a freakish figure. It was literally black with red glowing eyes. So I ran it over and sped over here. So can you tell mr what the hell is going on or not?" Every single word that came out of my mouth was rushed. I chugged back one of the coffees that were sitting on the table and started panting. Roy just had a completely blank face. I took a deep breath to calmed down. "Sorry. I'm so scared, I nearly peed my pants."

"Good morning Lilly. I see there's never a dull moment in my daughter, and her friend's lives." Roy smiled nicely. "Now judging from what you just said, it sounds like your in a little hiccup."