Chapter 14 (Risen)

Carter's P.O.V

I awake, my eyes fluttering open. I was in an eggshell blue room on a couch... Could it be... was I in Scar's living room? Did it work? Is he gone?

"Hey asshole?" I called out to Edward in my head but there was no answer. "Hello?"  Nothing again.

With all this excitement bottled up inside me I smiled. I felt, myself, smile. It worked. I started laughing with joy. Its been more than half a year since I had full control of my own body.

"Carter?" Ally? I turned my head to see her standing at the doorway between the kitchen and the living room.

I stood excitedly and started to walk towards her, she began to back up. She was scared of me... No she was scared of Edward.

"Ally, its me, Carter. I won't hurt you. Edward is gone." I spoke softly, although she stayed alert.

"Prove it." She said with a tiny tear in her eye.

"In California," I took a deep breathe. "Before we dated, you tried to sleep with me because you were too drunk to be responsible." I said, but I could still see that she was uncertain. "We kissed in an alley, I asked you if you wanted to be my American Sweetheart, you kissed me back implying a 'yes.'"

"Carter!" She smiled and ran over hugging me. Tears of joy streamed down her face. "I missed you so much. For a really long time I didn't know what to do without you."

I pulled away looking her deep in her eyes, "I'm back, and I will never leave again." I leaned in to kiss her but she pulled away from my grasp.

"I can't... Ben.. And I.." I pulled her back into the hug, and kissed her forehead.

"Shhh, it's okay. I get it." I smiled and hugged her ever so tightly. Finally Ive risen from that hell hole. Moredcai is going to die, whether its me or someone else. He will suffer.

"Get in line." Lilly said, tilting her head creepily. I could tell right off the bat it wasnt actually her. I stepped in front of Ally, protectively.

"How did you..." I started but she interrupted, reading my mind again.

"You're weak and I'm a demon. Don't worry I won't hurt her. I'm here on Lilly Jay's behalf. Now, where is the one you guys call Scar?" Lilly or whoever it was inside of her, raised an eyebrow topped off with a griddy smirk.