Chapter 35 (Final Chapter)

Scares P.O.V

This all was so new to me. I was a regular high school student, that all of a sudden got dragged into this new world. With a new way to do things. No doubt about it, but being a vampire was great. I had so much power, it made my life reluctantly better. I made new friends and built a new life.

Running around the castle with the group, we were searching for my dad. Everything was falling apart, the castle was collapsing for heaven's sake. I left my brother inside because obviously he was turning into something or more like someone I no longer knew.

This wasn't what we expected when we came here. This experience needed to come to an end unless we wanted to die. Cole and Samuel yet have been seen, which means they probably aren't here. We lost the elders and had no more resources to use. I hate to admit it but we all agreed that we needed to run. From everything here, this castle,the elders, everything.

"Look!" Ash's rushed voiced distracted me from my search. She was pointing across a field of fighting vampires to my dad who was in the middle of the crowd killing the enemy of course. I smiled to myself in relief. I continued forward leaving the others behind. They got attacked by some of the free werewolves on the field. By the time I got to my dad he wasn't in any trouble at all just panting.

"Dad. We have to go now." I said breathing heavily as well. My dads eyes skimmed the group after he heard my words.

"Where is your brother... And Ally?" He asked. Shit. I really didn't want him to ask. We didn't have the time to explain and contemplate everything.

"We need to leave now. I'll explain everything later." My father gave me an annoyed look. "Trust me please."

After a moment of unreconciled silence he nodded and we headed back over to the group. They were ready to get out of here.

"Where are we suppose to go?" Ash popped the first question.

"How do we get out of here without being recognized is our first problem..." I spoke looking around. We happened to be surrounded by a war. It was a miracle that we weren't being attacked.

"We should split up." Jessy suggested.

"No." I said sternly grabbing hold of his hand. "We need to do this together." He just stared at me with a saddened look.

"He's right." I was shock to her my dad agree with my boyfriend.
"Like I said we need to stick together." I released my hold of Jessy's hand, and stared into my dad's eyes.

"Honey." My dad said placing his hand on my shoulders. "It is more likely that they will notice a large group of people moving throw the forest, rather than small groups."

"Its the smartest way, Babe." Jessy intervened. I shamefully looked down at my toes, allowing them to further their plan making.

"Alright partner up." My dad raised his voice.

Somehow we were still not getting attacked. It kinda seemed like the safest place was on the actually battlefield. When everyone obediently followed my dad's orders it didn't surprise me. Especially who everyone partnered with: Lilly was with Caleb, Carter and Ash joined together, Jessy, my father and I were automatically connected.

"How are we gonna regroup when we get out?" Lilly asked my dad with a worried look.

"I'm not sure. But everything will be fine." My dad gave a reassuring smile. He was a great leader. Suddenly I was tackled into a huge bear hug.

"I can't breathe..." I managed to mumble out. Lilly released and looked at me with her teary eyes.
"You are the bestest friend in the whole world." She started crying. "I'm glad I went through all of this with you."

"Half of it was because of her." I heard Ash mumble. I didn't comment because one she was partially right, and two Carter nuged her.

"Be careful." Lilly continued wiping her tears.

"Don't worry I will be fine. I'll see you soon." I grinned and pulled her into a tight hug. She headed back beside Caleb and they all just froze, staring at me. "Alright. Get going."

They did as I said and ran their separate ways, leaving me with Jessy and my daddy. Whether it was later today, tomorrow or even a week from now, I will find my friends. No matter what, they are my family.

"Babe we gotta go." Jessy disturbed my thinking. I nodded and got ready to run along side Jessy, but then I noticed my dad wasn't ready at all. He was simply watching me.

"Dad come on." I said gesturing for him to come.

"I can't." He said in protest, and I turned to fully face him.

"What do you mean?" I asked confused. Literally about two seconds ago he was ready to run with us.

"My brothers are the reason this is happening. I am the reason this is happening. I am not leaving until it is all over." My dad started talking and I opened my mouth to interrupt him but he continued. "This is my war and I'm not going anywhere until its over."

"Daddy please. Just come." I begged and felt the tears forming in my eyes. If I lost one more person on this excursion I would break down.

"Darling," he paused and touched my head gently, pulling my forehead forward to plant a kiss on it. As he did, I released a few tears. "I have to do this."

"No. I am not leaving anyone else." I backed up from him angered.

"I will find you. Now go." He completely ignored my dismay. I stood strong there and opened my mouth to protest once more. "Jessy, do me a favour and snap her neck. Drag her with you no matter what."

I was shocked at my dads instructions. I know he was just trying to protect me, but I was trying to do the same for him. I felt hands from behind flow over my neck, then gripping it.

"Jessy please don't." I whimpered just realizing the tears that had been flowing.

"I'm sorr..."

"If you do this, I will never forgive you." I said interupting him. My dad was just standing there watching me in my boyfriends grasp.

"I love you sweet heart." My dad smiled and turned away walking into the distance.

"Dad. Dad." I tried to wiggle my way out of the strong arms holding me back. "DAD!" I yelled aggravated. My dad was gone and it was just jessy and I. He was still holding me.

"Are you going to follow me or should I take measures into my own hand?" Jessy said with a hint of empathy. I wiped away the tears.

"You might as well snap my neck because I am not leaving here without my dad." I finally stopped crying and had a hint of anger in my tone. Not that I was angry at Jessy, I was angry at everything I had lost. So many lives had been lost in such a small time frame, Aly and Kyle were great people.

"As you wish." Jessy's next action caught me of gaurd. Any life I had slipped away when my eyes shut, and it went pitch black.