Chapter 2 (Surprise!)

Its Lilly's surprise birthday party day!!! Yay! Caleb was distracting her with a romantic walk while myself and Jessy were decorating. There were pink and white balloons and streamers attached to the wall. The place looked great. A lot of people were going to be here tonight.Ben pulled up in his ridiculously fancy porshe and came in with a giant cake. He placed it in the kitchen and came into the living room, where I was standing on a latter hanging streamers.

"Hey lil' sis." He gave me a grin. I knew he was there but I still jumped. The latter started wobbling and I fell off. Lucky Ben caught me. "You are so clumsy it's unbelievable."

"Hi big Brother." I smiled in his arm. He set me down on the floor. He was wearing blue jeans and a white cotton shirt. "Thanks for grabbing the cake for me. Are you going to stay?"

"I'm not sure. I don't party with enfants." Ben patted my head. "Beside if I see any guy, including Jessy," he gave Jessy a quick death stare, "touch you I will flip."

"Hey I'm 19 now. I'm pretty sure I can party with my 25 year old brother." I smiled, mockingly patting his head. He laughed. It was funny because I was too short and struggled to reach it. "Jessy's my boyfriend. Deal with it."

"Yeah deal with it." Jessy echoed and glanced over while still putting balloons up.

"Excuse me." Ben said in a frustrated tone towards Jessy. Don't get Ben wrong, he liked Jessy, just not as my boyfriend. Same with my dad to be honest. Jessy rolled his eyes and continued what he was doing. "I'm gonna go. I may pop bye later."

He headed to the door and I heard him shout, "STAY SOBER!"

"DONT TELL ME WHAT TO DO ALCOHOLIC!" I shouted back and then I heard the door close. I laughed and seen Jessy laying on the couch. "Get up you lazy ass."

"But we're done and I'm tired." He pouted, and closed his eyes.

"Fine then I'll just go shower without you." I teased and walked up the stairs. Within a second Jessy had picked me up bridal style and took me to the bathroom.

----------10:00pm------------

"IVE GOTTA STAY HIGH ALL THE TIME, TO KEEP YOU OFF MY MIND!!!" Lilly and I were in the middle of the room being crowded around. Everyone was dancing. This was the second party we had had here and there was twice as many people. People from highschool, people from college, and just random strangers. I didn't care though because I was having a blast with my friends.

From a distance I seen drunk Ash and Ally walking over to us. As soon as they reach us they pulled us into a group hug.

"I missed this!" Ally yelled over the music.

"Me too! It doesn't have to stop! This year is going to be great!" I smiled reassuringly.

Okay yes I was drunk, but I still knew what I was talking about.I hadn't told Ash about Kyle coming, it was a surprise to her. She hasn't seen him in a while so I thought it would be romantic. Ash couldn't see Kyle from where she was standing, but I could. Kyle was slowly making his way through the crowd to Ash. When he was behind her, he grabbed her, wrapping his hands around her waist, and started kissing her neck repeatedly. Ash turned around in shock.

"Ah baby!" She squealed. Then they kissed on the lips. Ally, Lilly and I awed.

....

After I found Ally alone in the kitchen, she looked like something was troubling her. I walked up to her and smilied placing my hand on her shoulder.

"You okay?" I asked with a faint smile. I knew why she was upset, she was missing Carter.

"Its just seeing Kyle and Ash made me think about Carter and now I feel like shit. I miss him Scar." She placed her head on my shoulder gently.

"Aww Ally. It'll be okay. We'll find you a new hot guy.... Someone who loves star wars as much as you do. Don't worry it'll all be fine." She smiled at my comment and I pulled her into a hug. When she pulled away she looked a little happier.

"Let's take some shots." She said making a drum roll on the table. I nodded and watched as she grabbed the Bacardi, and two shot glasses. She poured the shots and we starred at them until I thought of what to toast to.

"To old memories and new beginnings." I smiled and held my glass up, waiting for Ally to do the same.

"To old friends and new ones." She smiled and raised her glass. We knocked it back and it felt gross but good at the same time. I remembered my new friend, she was here somewhere. Now let's find her....

I looked everywhere inside but I couldn't find her. I continued my search outside, she wasn't in my backyard, or out front. I seen two people standing on the other side of the road, it was dark so I couldn't see much. I developed some cool vampire things recently, like seeing in the dark, so I concentrated and looked at the figures. Jenna. I walked over and the two still hadn't noticed me.

"Jenna." I tapped her shoulder. She turned around and smiled. The other figure was a guy. He had brown hair, and turned his face away so I couldn't see it. He looked all two familiar... "Carter?"

The guy turned his head and looked at me. It really was Carter. He looked different. Completely evil. He just gave a seductive smirk and then, poof, gone. He had vanished. I looked back at Jenna who was still creeply smiling at me. Why? Suddenly she dropped to the floor unconscious. What the hell? I brought her inside, I dragged her through the living room, and it was completely normal to the drunk, party goers in my house to see an unconscious girl being carried to a room. I laid her on my bed gently and then called Jessy. I told him everything I had seen.

"...and she just fell unconscious. Do you know what could have happened to her?" I asked. I was concerned. Jenna was a new friend that was becoming close. I wanted her to be safe. I know eventually I'm going to have to tell her about the other side of me... But maybe I should leave that until after we find out what's going on.

"I have no idea. She was probably being compelled." Jessy stopped talking completely and fell silent. "Stay here. I'll be right back."

Ally's P.O.V

I was in the backyard taking a breathe of fresh air. The party was phenomenal, I had to admit that I'm totally wasted and I can barely stand. I slipped into the long lawn chair and shut my eyes under the stars. No one else was outside just me, I could hear the noise from the music playing inside. I fell into a daze, that is until I felt someone's breathe on me. I opened my eyes, to see my boyfriend, or ex boyfriend... Whatever we were now.

"Carter?" I asked confused. How was he back? I doubt Mordecai let him go, and he was suppose to be entirely evil. I was scared, I didn't know who he was anymore.

"Ally. Sweet heart. I've missed you." He had knelt down beside me and was stroking my face. He leaned over and kissed my lips. I kissed back. Maybe it was the same Carter that I fell in love with. Carter's hand wandered down to my thigh, close to my...area. I shoved it anyway and he tried again.

"Carter stop." I said stern, but he still tried. "Carter stop." I pleaded and he still continued. He tried once more. "CARTER!" I shouted. He was suddenly being pulled off of me, and then I heard a snap. Carter's body fell to the ground, and I stood up awkwardly fixing my dress, trying to stand up straight, I was still tipsy. My hero had been Ben. Tears were in my eyes because Carter had frightened me that much, I was shaking. "Thanks."

Ben came over to me and threw his leather jacket losely over my shoulders. He put his arm around me and helped me walk. He brought me to his car. "Come on let's get you home." He smiled kindly. He opened the passenger seat and helped me in. He got in on the driver side, and then we were off to my house in his porshe.