Chapter 6 (Family Meeting)

Scar's P.O.V

I was with Jessy, dancing on the dance floor. Him in his black suit, and me in my long gown. He looked absolutely charming, the tucks effect was totally in play.

"You look gorgeous tonight." He whispered as we swayed back and fourth.

"Thank you. You're not so bad yourself." I smiled and replied back immediately.

"I think the best part of the night is going to be when I unzip that dress." He smirked, and I could tell that his dirty mind was at work.

"You're so dirty minded." I chuckled.

"You're just as naughty." He kissed me on the cheek, causing me to blush.

My father interupted our little fun when he tapped my shoulder.

"May I borrow you for a moment?" He asked politely.

"Yes, of course Father." I said to my father. As a romantic gesture to Jessy, I kissed him on the cheek and gave him a few instructions. "Check on everyone, make sure they're okay."

I left and went with my dad. We seeked an audience with Mordecai,Dante, and Samuel. Karine and Ben were already standing there. They were forming a cirlcle, just like they were about to play ring around the rosey, but no hands were being held. Instead there was silent tension.

"Let's talk somewhere more private." Mordecai smiled and said as we were in front of him.

"Here is fine." My father refused. "What is it you wanted to discuss?"

"I thought it was time your children meet our brothers. I mean they are their uncles." Mordecai said with a straight face.

"No offense but we aren't blood related at all. Personally I think that your ridiculous obsession with family ties is demeaning..." Ben started to rant but my father cut him off.

"Ben that is enough. The same man created us, therefore we are brothers." My dad said with a straight face.

"Just shake their hands and call it a day." Karine said to Ben and then stepped forward. She held her hand out to Mordecai first, he flipped her hand over and kissed the back of it. "I'm Karine."

"Mordecai." He smiled.

"I've heard a great deal about you. You're the reason my sister is dead. Give me one reason why I shouldn't kill you." Karine practically growled at Mordecai, showing her narrow eyes.

"Because you can't sweet heart. I'm too strong. So go hide behind daddy, like the little girl you are." Mordecai replied with a straight face. Karine stepped uncomfortably close to Mordecai, and stared into his eyes.

"You must be mistaken. I'm not a little girl, and I sure as hell don't back down from a challenge. So why don't you put your fists were your mouth is before I..." Karine was cut off by my father. She was about an inch away from Mordecai, barely any space between them.

"Karine. Play nice. Say hello to the others." My father said and motioned to Samuel and Dante.

Dante stepped forward first. He looked Karine up and down in a strange way. There was a clear look of interest in his facial expression. If he was her 'uncle' why did he look at her like that. If there is no actually blood relation, I guess it wouldn't be wrong if they... Meh I'm sure its nothing.

"Dante." He slightly grinned and held out his hand to get Karine's, she gave it to him with no hesitation. He planted a little peck and began speaking, "I like you, you've got.. Spunk."