Chapter 22 (No.)

Scar's P.O.V

I rushed back to the car, and jumped into the passenger seat.

"Where is he?" Caleb asked concerned. I just looked into his eyes, and right away he knew.

He slapped the car into drive, and drove away. I looked into the back seat and saw that the two girls were settled down. They seemed stable now all their cuts healed. It was clear they had some blood.

~

The drive back was silent. Probably because we lost someone tonight. Thank goodness we were finally back at the cottage. I got out of the car and shut the door behind me, obviously the others did the same. The girls were still shirtless, because we didn't bring clothes for them. I didn't think they would need any. Caleb took off his shirt and gave it to Lilly, which made no sense because now he was shirtless. I took off the sweater I was wearing and gave it to Molly. We walked inside and went right to the living room.

"I thought I lost you guys, what happened?" Ben came to my side hugging me.

"You didn't, we had to go back in..." I said with a straight face. I didn't want to break the news that Demetre was dead especially because Ash was in the room. She had to know anyway. "You guys should go and get dressed. Molly..." I paused looking from Molly back to everyone else. "Oh yeah, this is Molly... In her own body." I heard a lot of 'ohs' and 'ahs' "well anyway Molly if you go in my room there's clothes that you can barrow. I'll be right there."

Caleb, Lilly went upstairs, and Molly followed attempting to find my room.

"So why did you go back in? Did you see Demetre?" Ash asked worried.

The image of Mordecai, and Demetre fighting played over in my head. A tear shed down my face, and I automatically wiped it trying not to alert Ash. But it was too late, I already did.

"No." She was crying in disbelief. "He's okay right? He has to be okay." She was in my face crying. I couldn't control my tears anymore.

I shaked my head no, and that's when she dramatically fell to the floor crying her eyes out. "I'm sorry, I went back in to help, but I couldn't. Mordecai... He... He... Killed him."

She was shaking her head no in disbelief. She was repeating "no." Like I was lying to her. I bent down beside her pulling her into a hug. Caressing her hair.

"Im sorry." I said quietly.

"No. I have no one. They're both gone. I lost them both..." She just kept crying. 

It felt like there was no one else in the room, but that wasn't true. There was My dad, Ben, Ally, Jessy, Sophie, and Carter. By then Lilly and Caleb were down here as well. Rest in peace Demetre.

~

Dominic's P.O.V

"What the hell happened in here?" Uncle Cole said as we stepped through Mordecai's front door.

His question was a good one. There were bodies everywhere, ice everywhere. And burn marks all over the floor. It literally looks like world war Mordecai happened in here. With my uncles and my dad, Dante, walking with me. We inspected the house, every inch and the living room last. That's where we found Mordecai seating on the one seater chair, twirling a bloody sword in his hand. Legit, and actual bloody sword in his hands.

"Uncle?" I asked taping his shoulder, but he just stared into the fire.

I looked behind the chair, only to find a head, and a separate body. Belonging to my cousin, Demetre. I covered my mouth and took a deep breath in.

"Dad." I caught his attention. Pointing over to the body. This was just wrong. "I need some air."

I vampire ran out of the house outside. I started thinking about all the times I spent with Demetre as a child up to this day. This means that he tried to fight Mordecai, he tried to kill his dad. If Mordecai could kill his own son, that means my dad can too. I need to clear my head. I ran as fast as I could to anywhere but there. I hate this life. I hate it.

~

I found myself infront Scarlett's house about a half an hour later. My family, was probably wondering where the hell I was. But the truth is I need to talk to that group of people. I've never been cut out to work with my father. Demetre, he changed because of one girl, but I was always like this.

I was here already earlier today, I was apart of the people that trashed this place looking for clues of where Scarlett and her aqquintances may be. Like earlier there was no clues nothing at all. What do I do now?