Chapter Eighteen

Songs for this Chpater:

You & I (acoustic version) - One Direction (zayn's :) high :) note :) killed :) me :) i'm :) crying :) ) 

This is What Makes Us Girls- Lana Del Rey

Without You- Lana Del Rey

Off to the Races- Lana Del Rey

Lana Del Rey- Radio

Thinking Out Loud-Ed Sheeran

Love Me Like You Do- Ellie Goulding 

Harry's P.O.V

Staring at the stars above us, shining bright in galaxies was when I told her I thought she was beautiful. She was a whole universe in itself. Calling her pretty was like saying that the stars above us were simply dim . She was stunning. She was breathtaking. 

She was taken.

I didn't belive that I'd just admitted to telling her what I did. But her reaction was definitely worth my admission.

Her face turned the prettiest shade of pink, tinting her cheeks, which was only visible with the light of the moon and the gathering constellations. She buried her face down, her hair draping all over her shoulders. 

I laughed like a naive boy, and she looked at me with wonder in her eyes. 

That was the part of her that drew you in. Her eyes. They were a deep grey in colour, embossed with secrecy and glossed with everything she was hiding.

I wanted to know what she was hiding, what was hidden behind her eyes. She was a mystery which I had yet to solve but every day spent not knowing what she was going through was slowly driving me closer and closer to the brink of insanity. 

Although I didn't tell her all that much about myself, I felt this deep need to know everything about her. Her favourite TV Show, her favourite color, her past, her pet hates. Everything.I didn't understand where this deep need was being driven from. All I knew was that it was there, begging for more and more.

The other day she questioned me about my family. I was so close, so close to breaking down all the walls I'd built. Telling her everything. Whenever she was around, it was as if she gave me this sort of reassurance that she would understand and listen. It was the type of woman she was. She was persuasive without even trying and she was kind without even realizing .

Never in my life had I met someone with such a great personality and such a wonderful mind. I could get lost in her mind itself, in the way she talked, or the stupid jokes she said. I could get lost in it like a damn maze. 

We spent a few minutes more under the stars, when she finally said we should leave. 

Before leaving, I  snapped a few pictures of the night sky and the lake before us. I found a great deal of solace in these waters. I clicked my camera once more.

"Hurry up! It's kinda creepy out here." She giggled and I smiled, hurrying after her through the dark woods.

The night was calm and silent, before we finally reached central city, where the streets were bright and busy despite it being sun down. 

I was used to the city now. I've been living here for about four years, ever since the start of college. It was a great city, but not exactly my preference. It was too fast-paced and loud, for my liking. Although that was just my opinion,of course.

I sighed, grabbing my camera and looking through the pictures I'd taken today.

I smiled when I got to the picture of Valerie, the many pictures, actually.