Chapter Sixteen

Songs for this Chapter:

18- One Direction

Clouds- One Direction

I Wish You Would- Taylor Swift

Touch- Troye Sivan

Don't- Ed Sheeran

Lies- Marina and the Diamonds

The spilling sunlight pouring through the blinds in my room, reflecting onto my face awake me. I sit up in my bed, clutching to the back of my neck whilst a stinging pain shoots down my back,The effects of last night's accident overtaking me.I check the time on my phone and realize that I've gotten up an hour earlier than I needed to. Incapable of falling asleep again,due to undesirable pain and the bright morning sun, I decide to leave my bed and make myself a cup of coffee. The aroma spreads through the room and it's one I love to breathe in every morning. Ever since I had coffee that night at Harry's place, it would be safe to say I have become addicted. 

I look out of the living room window and breathe in the busy atmosphere of the city. As early as it may be, the streets are crowded and the people are buzzing. Cars are blaring their horns ever so often and the people walk at a fast pace, desperation flooding through them as they head towards their known destinations. 

I pull down the sleeves of my sweater and hold my coffee cup close to my body, the heat radiating from the cup and providing me with warmth on the breathtaking Fall morning. The weather has clearly taken a turn, the Fall- nearing Winter weather settling in. Once I finish my welcoming cup of coffee I place it in the sink and decide to get ready for work.

I have a shower and savour the hot water pelting against my skin, relaxing my muscles. I get dressed, before doing my hair and applying some light, natural makeup.

I'm 40 minutes early. 

Boredom overtakes my mind and I decide to sit on the couch, reading through some unread messages on my phone.

I  notice that I have a few texts from Connor. I open them.

He tells me that we should Skype each other later tonight, since we haven't seen each other in a while and he wants to chat to me about things back home. I reply back, telling him that I'd call him at around 6pm, when I get back from work, giving me enough time to finish eating dinner as well.

I sit in the living room, occasionally looking down at the busy city and crisp leaves settling on the streets below through the window. 

I kill some time, before deciding to leave the apartment and perhaps get an early start at work.

I lock my door,throwing the keys in my bag. I look across the hallway, and decide to knock on Harry's door and ask if Louis is picking him up. I figured I could always drop him off at uni, since I've got a few minutes to spare. 

I knock on his door three times, before he finally answers.

Behind the door a sleepy Harry is revealed. His hand clasps his neck, where the bandage still adorns his neck . All he wears is a pair of pajama pants, leaving him shirtless. Tattoos are scattered acrosshis body, this being the second time I've seen them (not intentionally,of course) . My eyes stop at a certain tattoo in particular, one that I've seen the last time we were in a similar situation. The tattoo reads "H&K" The word, 'bound' etched in a calligraphic font. I can't help but wander what the meaning is, or what significance it holds to him; or what all of his tattoos symbolize and why he decided to get them, or what the story behind them is. 

I'm snapped out of my thoughts when he greets me with a raspy morning voice.

"It's rude to stare, you know." He says, smiling widely causing his dimples to indent deeply into his cheeks.