Chapter Nine

Songs For This Chapter:

(I know that I have never done this before, but I tend to listen to music when i write. It kind of helps, sometimes the silence makes me feel lonely. In no way am I trying to 'copy' Anna Todd, but the iidea is pretty cool. So here's a few songs I listened to while writing this chapter. You should check them out! They're pretty amazing. xx)

Begin Again-Rachel Platten

Never Get to Heaven- Sarah Blaine

Safe & Sound- Taylor Swift ft. The Civil Wars

Amnesia- 5 Seconds of Summer

Marina and the Diamonds- Lies

Confused. That's what I was right now. The possibility of Harry being related to my fiance' , it made things so much more complicated. I did not know for sure whether he was related to Connor, they did not look alike from what I gathered. 

I stood up from the couch in my dull lounge, and walked over to the hallway. I stood outside Harry's door, staring blankly at the dark wood in front me. Contemplating, whether I should ask him or not. Before I could change my mind completely, I knocked on the door.

There was no answer.

"Harry?" I called again through the door.

I stood for a few more seconds, before I heard shuffling behind the door, and the unlocking of the door.

"Yeah?" He cleared his throat before speaking.

He held the door halfway open.

All he wore was a towel around his waist, his hair was dark and matted. His eyes were a brighter shade of green. It was now when I took in his features properly.  It was the first time I noticed the tattoos which adorned his body. I had always found tattoos unattractive, but somehow, he managed to make it look appealing. There were two birds, flying off in different directions, which were inked on his chest. Something caught my eye though, it was on his right arm, almost reaching his shoulder. It was a tattoo of an anchor, there were a few words written in calligraphy beneath it. It read : "Bound" and below that, it said 'H&K'.

"It's rude to stare, you know." He smiled, dimples showing.

I looked away and I could feel the heat rushing to my cheeks.

"I wasn't staring" I stared at my shoes, holding my hands behind my back.

"Sure" He rolled his eyes as I looked up to meet his gaze.

"So, couldn't stay away from me for that long , huh?" He teased.

Now it was my turn to roll my eyes. 

"Don't flatter yourself." I said.

"So, why are you here then?" He asked, coughing into his arm.

I realised why I'd come here in the first place. All my confidence was gone. How was I supposed to ask him if he was related to my fiance' ? It was so strange of a question. I didn't really know how to ask him, or how to get the words out of my mouth anyway.

"Um...you know what, it's nothing really . I should get going. Um..bye." I rushed, turning around ,but before I could take a step further, I felt his cold grip around my wrist. 

I turned around reluctantly.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"Why do you assume something is wrong?" I asked.

"I can see it in your eyes. They look sad." He stared at me, making me feel a little uncomfortable and slightly insecure. "Now,spill." He said, breaking the tension.